What is new in my music library? (recent purchases I enjoy)

Drumcell: Sleep Complex
Resoe: The Black Void of Space
Christian Löffler: A Forest
Onmutu Mechanicks: Nocturne

Dettmann: Dettmann
Darkstar: News From Nowhere
PHON.O: Black Boulder
Terrence Dixon: From the Far Future Pt. 2
Robert Hood: Motor Nighttime World 3

1. Fast & Furious: Tokyo (Soundtrack)
Fast & Furious: Original (Soundtrack)
Fast & Furious 6 (Soundtrack)

Latino hip hop..."Bandolero"... El Calderon

2. Mendelssohn, Violin Concertos - James Ehnes, Violinist

3. Bach, St. Johns Passion - Benjamin Britten, Conductor

Monolake: Ghosts
Robag Wruhme: Thora Vukk
James Holden: The Inheritors
John Roberts: Glass Eights

Free: Tons of Sobs (Universal Music Japan 2010 SHM-CD)
Humble Pie: Humble Pie (Universal Music Japan 2011 SHM-CD)
Swing Out Sister: The Best of (Universal Music Japan 2013 SHM-CD)

Hikari Ichihara: Joy (Pony Canyon Japan 2008 SACD)
Will Boulware: Take Five (Eighty-Eight's / Village Music Inc. Japan 2005 SACD)
Will Boulware: Summertime (Eighty-Eight's / Village Music Inc. Japan 2007 SACD)

Neeme Jarvi Conducts Chabrier Orchestral Works Neeme Jarvi Conducts Chabrier Orchestral Works
Chabrier, Emmanuel
Chandos SACD

Elgar: Engima Variations / Vaughan Williams: Greensleeves / The Wasps Elgar: Enigma Variations / Vaughan Williams: Greensleeves / The Wasps
Edward Elgar

Tone Poems / Don Juan / Death & Transfiguration Tone Poems / Don Juan / Death & Transfiguration
Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra

both Reference SACD

Richard Tee: Inside You (Sony Music Entertainment Japan 2008 Remastered SACD)
Toku: Love Again (Sony Music Entertainment Japan 2008 SACD)

947059_410463132394215_1888397719_n.jpg

Omaha Diner

Skerik, Charlie Hunter, Bobby Previte and Steve Bernstein. They only play covers of songs that hit #1. Standouts include Enimem's "Lose Yourself", Macklemore's "Thrift Shop" and Terence Trent D'Arby's "Wishing Well". Only bummer in the bunch is Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust". Pretty good sounding slab o'vinyl but a little noisy. Great party record!

Free: Tons of Sobs (Universal Music Japan 2010 SHM-CD)
Humble Pie: Humble Pie (Universal Music Japan 2011 SHM-CD)
Swing Out Sister: The Best of (Universal Music Japan 2013 SHM-CD)
Tons of Sobs has been in 'heavy rotation' here for a couple months- I knew their 'hits', but this album has a heavier blues/psych orientation, and Kosoff's playing is wonderful. What a great album. (I'm a vinyl guy, so I'm listening to old Island UK pressings, e.g. pink label and a pink rim with same matrix as the pink label). Killer!

Tons of Sobs has been in 'heavy rotation' here for a couple months- I knew their 'hits', but this album has a heavier blues/psych orientation, and Kosoff's playing is wonderful. What a great album. (I'm a vinyl guy, so I'm listening to old Island UK pressings, e.g. pink label and a pink rim with same matrix as the pink label). Killer!

I couldn't agree with you more, it's a fantastic British blues-rock album!

If you don't have it, check out Taste (Rory Gallagher) On the Boards- I'm a vinyl guy, so the 'go to' copy for me is an early UK Polydor. Don't know what the comparable release is on digital media, but it has some great songs. And R.Gallagher remains an under-rated guitarist. (Not as bluesy as Paul Kossoff was on that first Free album, but equally cool to listen to and some very rocking songs).

Reactions: Long Live Analog
I just got a few more early UK pressings- one is May Blitz on UK Vertigo big swirl. Somewhat obscure but among the folks collecting these records, a bit of a 'grail' record. The other is a first press Island pink label of Fairport Convention's 'Liege' album. Oh, and another Monarch pressing of LZ1- I have the Piros 74 remaster, but had been looking for, and found a first press done at Monarch- I heard one of these only a couple months ago for the first time. Looking forward to the postman's arrival with these....

J.J. Cale: Shades (Universal Music Japan 2013 SHM-CD)
Fleetwood Mac: Then Play On (Warner Music Japan 2013 SHM-CD)
Steve Hackett: Voyage of the Acolyte (Universal Music Japan 2013 SHM-CD)
Captain Beyond: Sufficiently Breathless (Universal Music Japan 2013 SHM-CD)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing