What are you currently listening to (Classical)?

There are 2 SACD versions of this recording; have you heard those?

No, and after reading that most Esoteric SACDs derive from remastered RBCDs despite their claims to use the analog masters, I have no desire to hear them!

Symphony No.7
411M8C4WVgL.jpg

Goldbergs
81j1FwWeZsL._SL500_.jpg

Hybrid - Multichannel 5.1 SACD layer (analog multi-pass output)

51WyHvDTP4L._SY450_.jpg

It's alright...happy music...only a violin and a piano; from two charming ladies.

* I like track number 8

Last edited:
Just finished first listening session of the ''Enghave Barok'' a top Scandinavian chamber ensemble with a fresh look at the Bach Sinfonia and Cantatas. Superbly played and recorded and at an introduction price of 10€, this download is highly recommended. http://www.soundliaison.com/studio-masters/253-bach-live-edition-1

ble-hd1-300shadowv2.png

i was amazed by the few snips on the website. I am a 16/44 guy and Zanden 4-box digital at that. I have emailed Sound Liaisons to ask if there is a way to download 16/44 from them...at least we get the music this way. I can burn it and play old-skool on the Transport.

I have just begun downloading it...and Sound Liaison has kindly offered to downscale it to 16/44.1 for me so that i can burn it for the Zanden. Look forward to hearing it.

Impressive costumer service.

Interesting that it is not Frans de Rond who has recorded the album but Danish engineer Torsten Jessen;
Here is Torsten Jessen’s description ;
“The recording was made with a main pair of matched DPA microphones in an A/B configuration. Our DPA mics have a completely identical frequency response, securing a very stable and well defined stereo image. We had spot microphones on each one of the musicians. The distance of the spot microphones were meticulously measured in relationship to the main pair and the distance was then compensated for in the mix. We always use a great deal of time perfecting the phase between the spot microphones and the main pair in order to secure a completely focused stereo recording that clearly implement the depths of the acoustics of the church and vividly portrays each instruments placement in the stereo field.”
But it still sounds like a Sound Liaison recording, intimate, yet spacious.

Luigi Dallapiccola: Due Pezzi (1947), Variazioni (1952-54), Dialoghi (1959-60) & Three Questions with Two Answers (1962-63)

8011570336989.jpg

Beethoven

81j1FwWeZsL._SL500_.jpg

Symphony No.5

411M8C4WVgL.jpg

Spectacular playing and very good sound. It's nice to hear pieces that have not been recorded hundreds of times!

71XHkNO7aFL._SL500_.jpg

71Zkmk7vhKL._SL500_.jpg

A sad reminder of his terrible loss.

Anybody had a go at this .....

ATTACH]31039[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    49.2 KB · Views: 76
Two of my latest Golden Era acquisitions. Both of these records sound fantastic with excellent performances as well..

Attachments

• asd 288.jpg
    asd 288.jpg
    421.1 KB · Views: 73
  • sxl 2077.jpg
    sxl 2077.jpg
    407.5 KB · Views: 75
Op.101--outstanding playing and sound.

81d-WTqCdJL._SL500_.jpg

Op.106--magnificent!

81d-WTqCdJL._SL500_.jpg

51A-3YFC2NL.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing