Watch Tesla Unveil Its Pickup Truck In Under 6 Minutes

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
The trickledown Tesla 3 totally refutes this argument.

How so?

I don't believe the tax rebates are appropriate as I don't believe EVs save us much, if anything, wrt carbon emissions and are overall worse as far as environmental impact.

I don't believe the tech is ready for mainstream due to battery technology and fossil-fuel based charging.

I think it's fine that Teslas exist and have even recommended them to a friend, I just don't think a tax rebate is appropriate.

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Made up facts to fit a narrative. Everything changes in time. But you are right, when the messengers are celebrities and a paid shill teenager with mental retardation it doesn’t help the sales pitch.
What an ignorant comment. Asperger’s syndrome equals mental retardation? I guess my chemist son is retarded then. Same with Steve Jobs, Albert Einstein and many other innovative people. It us comments like this that make me question why ever to participate on this forum again.

Reactions: jeff1225

djsina2

May 30, 2019
What an ignorant comment. Asperger’s syndrome equals mental retardation? I guess my chemist son is retarded then. Same with Steve Jobs, Albert Einstein and many other innovative people. It us comments like this that make me question why ever to participate on this forum again.

Nowhere did I say Asperger's equals mental retardation. You are putting words in my mouth. However, it would seem mental retardation is possible with Asperger's and obviously Greta has that side of it.

From autism-help.org:

INTELLECTUAL DISABILITY (MENTAL RETARDATION)
Most patients presenting in clinical settings with an Autism Spectrum Disorder, such as Aspergers syndrome or autism, have other comorbid disorders. Mental retardation is a possible comorbid disorder at the more severe end of the autism spectrum.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
How so?

I don't believe the tax rebates are appropriate as I don't believe EVs save us much, if anything, wrt carbon emissions and are overall worse as far as environmental impact.

I don't believe the tech is ready for mainstream due to battery technology and fossil-fuel based charging.

I think it's fine that Teslas exist and have even recommended them to a friend, I just don't think a tax rebate is appropriate.

The Tesla 3 costs as much as a Toyota Camry, this is not an "expensive luxury vehicle."

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Nowhere did I say Asperger's equals mental retardation. You are putting words in my mouth. However, it would seem mental retardation is possible with Asperger's and obviously Greta has that side of it.

From autism-help.org:

Most patients presenting in clinical settings with an Autism Spectrum Disorder, such as Aspergers syndrome or autism, have other comorbid disorders. Mental retardation is a possible comorbid disorder at the more severe end of the autism spectrum.
Greta is not at the severe end of the autism spectrum. I have 26 years experience with this subject and you gave no clue what you are talking about. It is well known she is as Aspy. People have been calling her retarded as a form of insult and to belittle her activism. I was not putting words in your mouth. Your intent was clear with your slur.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012

From autism-help.org:

Attacking a young climate change activist by calling her mentally retarded. You have no class sir.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Empirical Audio

djsina2

May 30, 2019
Greta is not at the severe end of the autism spectrum. I have 26 years experience with this subject and you gave no clue what you are talking about. It is well known she is as Aspy. People have been calling her retarded as a form of insult and to belittle her activism. I was not putting words in your mouth. Your intent was clear with your slur.

Medical conditions are not "slurs". ANYWAY, totally off topic. And...she's a paid shill, puppet of the wealthy.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
The Tesla 3 costs as much as a Toyota Camry, this is not an "expensive luxury vehicle."

It is to me. My friend's M3 Performance was around $60k afaik... even the base model is pricey.

And it doesn't matter what you label it, my point is still the same. I think tax credits for these cars are ridiculous.

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Gee, what are you doing to make the world better? Puppet of the wealthy, really? Btw, I will be in Antarctica next week to see the effects of climate change up close.

djsina2

May 30, 2019
Gee, what are you doing to make the world better? Puppet of the wealthy, really? Btw, I will be in Antarctica next week to see the effects of climate change up close.

Yes, puppet of the wealthy. Her handlers are doing a great job with all the media stunts and scripts. I give them full credit for that.

Sounds like a nice trip! Try to relax and enjoy it instead of worrying about the death of mankind.

djsina2

May 30, 2019
It was my impression that the Tesla tax credits go away this year or next. The amount of the tax credit for each Tesla model has been declining over the past few years

"2020 Trump budget would pull plug on electric vehicle tax credit In his budget aimed at cutting $126 billion or 5 percent from non-defense federal spending, President Trump proposes to eliminate the plug-in vehicle tax credit that gives electric-car buyers up to $7,500 back on their federal taxes."

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
It is to me. My friend's M3 Performance was around $60k afaik... even the base model is pricey.

And it doesn't matter what you label it, my point is still the same. I think tax credits for these cars are ridiculous.

Agreed. All tax credits are ridiculous and are a subsidy.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing