www.bendingwaveusa.com
Decided to go color outside the lines
see what would or could happen

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
You are still ahead of me, Elliot but I am glad to report that my reference PSU and two Akasa dc cables have landed at my doorstep this week. I Hope to install them tomorrow with the help of a friend.
Have fun I have a complete level 4 Wadax System and I am enjoying every minute of it. I suspect you will be "dancing" shortly :)

Reactions: Audiocrack

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Have fun I have a complete level 4 Wadax System and I am enjoying every minute of it. I suspect you will be "dancing" shortly :)
Well Elliot, after 3/4 of a day of hard working (some serious rearranging was necessary) the Wadax reference PSU and the two Akasa dc cables were inserted in my Tidal La Assoluta system. Will report in the La Assoluta thread but I can already share with you that I am a very happy person and cannot stop ‘dancing’ ;)

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Reactions: Audiocrack

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
you would wish the gear wasn't so heavy lol, but in the end its worth the sweat. Just think we do this a few times year to go to shows and then again in my room when it returns

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
My cables have been installed for a week now and today I am going totry to find some time to do some serious listening again. I was told they need a week or so to fully settle in so today Im going to give it some serious attention,
Hope that yours are doing well Crack!

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
My cables have been installed for a week now and today I am going totry to find some time to do some serious listening again. I was told they need a week or so to fully settle in so today Im going to give it some serious attention,
Hope that yours are doing well Crack!
I am still behind you, Elliot:). Yesterday my Akasa dc cables were in the system for (only) three days. Listened briefly to the cd-transport yesterday - the server was giving me trouble; the Wadax helpdesk team is currently working on it and I trust they will solve the issue - and I could hear that the cables still need additional burning in time.

However, when I first installed the Wadax reference PSU and both Akasa cables and listened to the reference server/dac combo I got a brief glimpse of what it is going to be in the end. Describing it in one word: majestic.

Will report later my (initial) findings the La Assoluta thread. Eagerly awaiting the end of all this burning in (I am also burning in all my grounding cables and three Tripoint Audio ‘grounding’ stations with the Audiodharma cable cooker and that is going on for weeks now).

Reactions: WADAX

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I am still behind you, Elliot:). Yesterday my Akasa dc cables were in the system for (only) three days. Listened briefly to the cd-transport yesterday - the server was giving me trouble; the Wadax helpdesk team is currently working on it and I trust they will solve the issue - and I could hear that the cables still need additional burning in time.

However, when I first installed the Wadax reference PSU and both Akasa cables and listened to the reference server/dac combo I got a brief glimpse of what it is going to be in the end. Describing it in one word: majestic.

Will report later my (initial) findings the La Assoluta thread. Eagerly awaiting the end of all this burning in (I am also burning in all my grounding cables and three Tripoint Audio ‘grounding’ stations with the Audiodharma cable cooker and that is going on for weeks now).
sometimes you need to step out of the kitchen and EAT! enjoy

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
FUN FUN FUN

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
i was out doing errands and they delivered the power supply without any notice. a nice surprise. got home and installed it. RevOpods will have to be tomorrow. stone cold it put a smile on my face. here we go.
View attachment 125393
Stone cold? That is impressive.

Tom

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
The reference PSU is an impressive piece of equipment. It brings the performance of the Wadax reference dac/server combo at a much, much higher level. The reviews of Roy Gregory and Robert Harley made this already clear and I experienced this for myself in my home set up. I refer to my comments in the Tidal La Assoluta thread. The combination of these three Wadax reference pieces - and in my case together with two Wadax reference dc cables between the Wadax reference dac and its two PSU’s - results in digital reply at the cutting edge and is mightily rewarding (musically speaking).

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Stone cold? That is impressive.

Tom
from the first note, it's a different level of product. another realm.

i've just spent 3 hours straight listening since dinner, and an hour prior. it's been turned on since about 3pm today. the word that comes to mind is 'complete'. it's always the word i used to explain how analog compares to digital. digital has been accurate but by degrees not complete....even the Wadax. before. this step is all the way to complete. tonality is fully fleshed out, but with textures and nuance along with it. no warming over here, just more meat on the bones. and bass, bass, bass. not "demo wow" bass but musically complimentary and immersive bass. interesting how the extra push to the small bits wakes up the music with familiar cuts. and the degree of flow and propulsion is remarkable. and nothing flat or lacking a sense of space or air. the music is organic and has substance. i'm hearing deeper into vocals and every instrument. more harmonics, more leading edge agility and overtones. there is a spooky 'live-ness' on many cuts. 'alive'. vocals 'pop' in a real way. listened to a few golden age jazz cuts and the energy from the horns and pianos is like vinyl, the grain less and projected energy and lively soundstage is vinyl like.

and i know what vinyl like is.

the grip and authority to the music adds to the level of realism. digital large orchestral and chamber music, my first love and most listened to music, is now on another planet from where it was yesterday. as great as the Wadax has been doing that stuff, it pales to what i'm now hearing.

my guess at how this can happen is that Wadax has already done the hardest work by correcting digital distortion with their look forward correction, cleaned up the server/dac interface with the Akasa interface, and brought superior over-the-top execution and single brand synergy. now they bring superior power to light the fire to the music. just my mind trying to make sense of what i'm hearing. better power is just part of the equation.

still have to install my footers. and give me a few weeks to listen to some vinyl and spend more time. i'm gone Tuesday to Alaska for a week, when back i'll be doing some vinyl compares. see how this shakes out.
The reference PSU is an impressive piece of equipment. It brings the performance of the Wadax reference dac/server combo at a much, much higher level. The reviews of Roy Gregory and Robert Harley made this already clear and I experienced this for myself in my home set up. I refer to my comments in the Tidal La Assoluta thread. The combination of these three Wadax reference pieces - and in my case together with two Wadax reference dc cables between the Wadax reference dac and its two PSU’s - results in digital reply at the cutting edge and is mightily rewarding (musically speaking).
agree. mightily rewarding indeed.

Last edited:
Reactions: WADAX

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Enjoy your vacation, Mike. Thanks for your observations. Much appreciated sir. (along with @Audiocrack)

Tom

Reactions: Pokey77

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing