Cala

May 2, 2018
Paris
anamightysound.com
Both vinyl and tapes sound excellent. Of course … the musical content is outstanding.

If anybody wants to listen to either of these formats : feel free to come and visit us at Ana Mighty Sound in Paris. You can also purchase both records and tapes through Jerome Sabbagh and come and collect them directly at our showroom. ;)

P.S. : we can leave the humshield on (dixit Joe Cocker)

Jerome Sabbagh

Mar 27, 2018
Both the vinyl and tapes sound excellent. Of course … the musical content is outstanding.

If anybody wants to listen to either of these formats : feel free to come and visit us at Ana Mighty Sound in Paris. You can also purchase both records and tapes through Jerome Sabbagh and come and collect them directly at our showroom. ;)

P.S. : we can leave the humshield on (dixit Joe Cocker)
Thanks François! Much appreciated!

Reactions: Cala

Jerome Sabbagh

Mar 27, 2018
It took some time but I am happy to report that the vinyl pressings are now done! I received an email from the plant this morning. They now need to ship me all the records by freight to Brooklyn. Once I have everything, I will then spend a few days packing and shipping them!

It's been a long road but I am very excited to get the records. Thanks to all on this board who supported this project!

Jerome Sabbagh

Mar 27, 2018
All LPs have now shipped! If anyone else is interested, I will now be in a position to fulfill orders quickly at www.jeromesabbagh.com. Thank you for the support on this board, I really appreciate it! Any and all feedback is welcome. I hope those of you who supported the project will be happy with their record.

Reactions: MarkusBarkus

Jerome Sabbagh

Mar 27, 2018
As it turns out, Michael Fremer reviewed "Vintage" a couple of days ago: https://trackingangle.com/music/saxophonist-jerome-sabbagh-s-latest-aaa-release-truly-is-vintage (Music = 10, Sound = 11).

I hope those of you who supported like the album. For now, it's still exclusively on my website at www.jeromesabbagh.com. Reel to reel tapes are also available.

If anyone is in Paris, I will be doing another presentation of "Vintage" at Ana Mighty Sound, on Dec 21. This time, I'll have the vinyl, as well as tapes and test pressings. I will also present the next project, a trio album with Joe Martin and Al Foster called "Heart", recorded live to two track at Power Station by James Farber, to my beloved custom 1/2 inch 30 ips Ampex 351. More on that later ... I will be doing a round of fund raising for that one too, and creating a label to put it out. The acetate cut by Bernie Grundman is arriving tomorrow, so we will play that.

If anyone wants to attend, please let me know. And if anyone is in a position to support this endeavor, also please let me know. I now have support from Stenheim and Ana Mighty Sound, and I think darTZeel might support again. I am hoping to produce someone else's album in 2024 and really have a path to produce high quality analog recordings of great new music.

Thanks for your support!

Last edited:

Petrat

Apr 17, 2019
UK
All LPs have now shipped! If anyone else is interested, I will now be in a position to fulfill orders quickly at www.jeromesabbagh.com. Thank you for the support on this board, I really appreciate it! Any and all feedback is welcome. I hope those of you who supported the project will be happy with their record.
Received my vinyl copy yesterday ... great music, beautifully played, gorgeous sound, and order fulfilled (to the UK) in double quick time ... what more could you want? Kudos, Jerome!

Reactions: Jerome Sabbagh

Jerome Sabbagh

Mar 27, 2018
Received my vinyl copy yesterday ... great music, beautifully played, gorgeous sound, and order fulfilled (to the UK) in double quick time ... what more could you want? Kudos, Jerome!
Thanks a lot @Petrat! I’m glad you like it. Thanks for your support!

Jerome Sabbagh

Mar 27, 2018
For those of you who are interested, the fine folks at Jazzbums just interviewed me about "Vintage" and other things, including the all analog label I am creating. We talked about the music, getting a sound on the saxophone, Joe Henderson, the technical aspects of recording back in the day and now, pressing plants, etc. It's a free ranging conversation. I had a great time talking with them and I hope you enjoy. It's on their YouTube channel:

tomsch63

May 31, 2022
Great album Jarome with epic players! I'm also a gigging saxophone player so really appreciate the sound you are going after! You have an amazing style and tone that is a perfect match for this outing.

Reactions: Jerome Sabbagh

hopkins

Sep 10, 2022
Paris
paulstephane.github.io
For those of you who are interested, the fine folks at Jazzbums just interviewed me about "Vintage" and other things, including the all analog label I am creating. We talked about the music, getting a sound on the saxophone, Joe Henderson, the technical aspects of recording back in the day and now, pressing plants, etc. It's a free ranging conversation. I had a great time talking with them and I hope you enjoy. It's on their YouTube channel:

Very nice interview. There are many interesting things in the video. The way you described your experience of seing some performers "live" really struck a chord (no pun intended). My biggest regret in life is not having developed a passion for Jazz earlier, and missing out on seeing live some of the musicians that I could have seen in the early 1980s when some of them were still alive and performing. For example, in college I had the opportunity to see Sun Ra in Philadelphia, and I chose to go to a party instead. What a shame! Anyway, as you could see from the picture of you performing that I posted earlier in this thread, I took my 21 year old son to see you at the Sunset last year, and it was a great experience (for both of us). My son has developed an appreciation for Jazz, and he found your performance really stimulating, further developing his appreciation and understanding of the music.

Jerome Sabbagh

Mar 27, 2018
Very nice interview. There are many interesting things in the video. The way you described your experience of seing some performers "live" really struck a chord (no pun intended). My biggest regret in life is not having developed a passion for Jazz earlier, and missing out on seeing live some of the musicians that I could have seen in the early 1980s when some of them were still alive and performing. For example, in college I had the opportunity to see Sun Ra in Philadelphia, and I chose to go to a party instead. What a shame! Anyway, as you could see from the picture of you performing that I posted earlier in this thread, I took my 21 year old son to see you at the Sunset last year, and it was a great experience (for both of us). My son has developed an appreciation for Jazz, and he found your performance really stimulating, further developing his appreciation and understanding of the music.
Thanks a lot @hopkins! And thanks for coming to the gig in Paris. It's true that nothing replaces live music, no matter how great stereos get, and how careful we are in recording. To me, with the kind of music I play, coming reasonably close to the sound, feel, and emotion of live music is what I'm after when I record. It's what informs every choice I make. The Joe Henderson concert I'm talking about in the video - and others - definitely changed my life! Thanks for listening!

Jerome Sabbagh

Mar 27, 2018
Stereophile's Alex Halberstadt just published a piece that talks about "Vintage", as well as my upcoming record "Heart" and the all analog label I am creating with Pete Rende, Analog Tone Factory. The piece also talks about Dave Slagle's autoformer based passive preamps, which certainly sounded great at Alex's place. It's here in case you're interested: Brilliant Corners #13: The EM/IA Remote Autoformer and Listening with Master Jazzman Jerome Sabbagh

I will also be going to Axpona and, among other things, will play and present the label in the darTZeel room. If anyone is going, please say hello!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing