hopkins

Sep 10, 2022
Paris
paulstephane.github.io
Yes, I have the Art Pepper/George Cables album (Art Pepper was one of my early influences when I was learning how to play) and I love the Stan Getz/Kenny Barron "People Time" duets (there is now a 7 CDs boxset available with all the gigs that week at Montmartre). I also love the less well know Stan Getz/Albert Dailey album "Poetry", which I think has some stunning playing from both. And there's also a nice Joel Frahm/Brad Mehldau duet album "Don't Explain" ... Many more, I'm sure, but there's something special about piano and sax.

It must have been inspiring to play with Kenny Barron. Will purchase your album :)

Thanks for the duet recommendations. Duets with saxophone are indeed interesting. With bass, there's a 1964 Webster/Hinton session which is very nice (but only two tracks, unfortunately).

Reactions: Jerome Sabbagh

Jerome Sabbagh

Mar 27, 2018
It must have been inspiring to play with Kenny Barron. Will purchase your album :)

Thanks for the duet recommendations. Duets with saxophone are indeed interesting. With bass, there's a 1964 Webster/Hinton session which is very nice (but only two tracks, unfortunately).
It was very inspiring, that's for sure. I hope you like the results!

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I hope you come to Capfest and I would love to play it on the system in our room ( file only)
Congrats !!!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hi Jerome,

Very exciting. I ordered just the CD pretty much when you first announced the album here...when are they due to arrive?

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Just got the tape version today. Unfortunately, I will have to wait a bit until I can play the two reels. Larry

Jerome Sabbagh

Mar 27, 2018
Hi Jerome,

Very exciting. I ordered just the CD pretty much when you first announced the album here...when are they due to arrive?
Hi,

Your CD shipped on ... Sep 15! I shipped all the CDs that were pre-ordered on Kickstarter or otherwise at that time. There must be some kind of issue. I tracked it. Let me send you a PM so we can sort this out. Sorry about this!

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hi,

Your CD shipped on ... Sep 15! I shipped all the CDs that were pre-ordered on Kickstarter or otherwise at that time. There must be some kind of issue. I tracked it. Let me send you a PM so we can sort this out. Sorry about this!
It arrive today! Thank you for all your attention off-line on this. Great music so far!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Good, finally! Nor sure how that happened, but glad it got there! Thanks for your support!
Have listened to the album 6-7 times straight thru already. Great album!

Jerome Sabbagh

Mar 27, 2018
Hi everyone,

I am still waiting for the vinyl but I wanted to let everyone know here that the album is available on R2R tapes (as well as CDs and downloads/streaming). We just listened to a tape at Ana Might Sound in Paris (1/4 inch, 15 ips, CCIR). We played it back on a Studer A80 using darTZeel monoblocks and Stenheim Aluminum 5 speakers. I thought it sounded pretty great ...

Short video here:

The vinyl should press soon ... I will keep you updated.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing