U.S. Turntable Sales

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I am suren we havwall seen that nastyly litlle article suggesting that 50% of vinyl purchases don't own turntables. With the help of google i would check the numbers.

nit sales of turntables in the U.S. 2005-2021
The number of turntables sold in the United States rose by nearly 10 percent in 2021 over the previous year. Overall, approximately 82 thousand turntables were sold in the U.S in 2021, whereas the unit sales of this product nearly reached 75 thousand in 2020.Jun 22, 2023
View attachment 113008
448555-blank-754.png

Republicoftexas69

I am suren we havwall seen that nastyly litlle article suggesting that 50% of vinyl purchases don't own turntables. With the help of google i would check the numbers.

nit sales of turntables in the U.S. 2005-2021
The number of turntables sold in the United States rose by nearly 10 percent in 2021 over the previous year. Overall, approximately 82 thousand turntables were sold in the U.S in 2021, whereas the unit sales of this product nearly reached 75 thousand in 2020.Jun 22, 2023
View attachment 113008
View attachment 113009
No I had not seen that stat/article that 50% of vinyl is purchased by people that do not have a TT. That simply is not logical and I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Lovely statistics on TT sale though and as I tell my sales engineers, be ready for the next cycle as it will fade.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Here is thelink

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing