The Wife Acceptance Factor W.A.F.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My girlfriend knew that me and the audio system were a package deal.

She even dusts your cables
hides.gif

I keep my wife chained to the stove. She's never even seen the rest of the house.

She even dusts your cables
hides.gif

Now there's an idea hadn't thought of.....though last time she went behind the speakers, she stepped on and broke the interconnect's male pin off in the amps RCAs :(

Last edited:
I have been married to a wonderful women for 42 years and have been an audiophile since the first year of our marriage, from 1969 to 1984 i was a pretty normal guy mostly a disco freak had probably 15 pairs of different BOXED SPEAKERS then in 1984 i heard my first pair of Acoustat panels and i was HOOKED now the most important thing when whe where searching for a place to live was will the speakers fit in the living room ????? well if the answer was no whe did not rent, when it came time to buy a house whe had our house built with the intention of having a dedicated room in the basement and for that it needed to be MINIMUM 96 inches high so whe had to pay extra talked it over with the wife and knowing how important this was for me NO PROBLEM DEAR do what you need to do to be happy well for me that's how a wife should be and the same thing the other way around if you can AFFORD it WHY NOT life is short enjoy it while you can.

I have been married to a wonderful women for 42 years and have been an audiophile since the first year of our marriage, from 1969 to 1984 i was a pretty normal guy mostly a disco freak had probably 15 pairs of different BOXED SPEAKERS then in 1984 i heard my first pair of Acoustat panels and i was HOOKED now the most important thing when whe where searching for a place to live was will the speakers fit in the living room ????? well if the answer was no whe did not rent, when it came time to buy a house whe had our house built with the intention of having a dedicated room in the basement and for that it needed to be MINIMUM 96 inches high so whe had to pay extra talked it over with the wife and knowing how important this was for me NO PROBLEM DEAR do what you need to do to be happy well for me that's how a wife should be and the same thing the other way around if you can AFFORD it WHY NOT life is short enjoy it while you can.

And of course, there's the humoring "yes dear" response when our better halves are asked if they can hear the difference a tweak made. ;)

I am a very lucky man my wife as no interest what so ever in audio, so the sweet spot is ALWAYS mine, unless i have friends over.

High end audio is very gratifying; if not for the music, then those precious, funny moments where you explain the traits of your system - you know, those special cables :D - to your better half, and she looks up and says: I hate runny nails!

PS: If they only knew how much we analog lovers pay per carat for our own diamonds, we would all be dead

If you have a listening room -- your choice. If your equipment goes in a shared space in the house, especially if that is a general living space, compromise is not about being a man, it's about being a decent human being. Note I said "compromise." For an audiophile, compromise isn't Bose cubes and a sub behind the sofa. That's resignation.

Well, that pretty much summed it up for me. Well said.

Hi,

because I have a dedicated listening room, I am privileged too.
Our agreement is, that the audio stuff will never leave this room and crowds the house.

....and that I never listen to Freejazz if she is in.

Only recordshelves are allowed in the hallway.

Cheers
Andreas

Many moons ago, I had my very tall Apogee Divas in my family room with my Krell amp on the floor between them. A girlfriend at the time commented: "As long as you have these in your room, no woman would ever marry you". I responded: "And your point is?". She soon bailed.

I've been in a dedicated room for the last 21 years so WAF is only a "minor" factor --- but the TV above the fireplace in the family room might have been as issue had I not been single when I put it there!

We were at the audio store and my wife said to me, "Why don't you get the matching big center channel speaker?". That's the B&W HTM1D, a 200 lb. monster.

images

I love this woman.

Lee

Bought my wife an iPod a couple of years ago with an iTunes gift certificate. It's still sitting in the box because it won't play hi-rez files!!! :D

That's my girl......

I bought my wife a pair of $14 headphones for her Toshiba netbook (her reference system), and she was in Heaven. I can say that she has no appreciation for monoblocks left on the dining room table, however. :)

Now a question to all of you!
Is she following you to HiFi show?
I know some may not invite their better half at the CES but other show.....;);)

Women are bored to death at Hi-Fi shows.
...The only ones you see are the cute girls standing next to the speakers, as ornaments. :b

* Cute girls are the best advertisers. ...Good with drinks (strippers), cars, army tanks, big guns (bazookas, rocket launchers, ...), perfume, jewelry, soaps, brassieres, speakers, you name it ....

Women are bored to death at Hi-Fi shows.
...The only ones you see are the cute girls standing next to the speakers, as ornaments. :b

* Cute girls are the best advertisers.

And that's where I have a problem, do i buy the speaker or do i buy the girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing