The Ten Most Expensive Cars In The World

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I do hear complaints about super cars and they are similar in ways to complaints about hi-end audio or hi-end anything for that matter. The question is "where would you use that?". For cars and bikes, unless you are a track guy or live in Montana or Germany, the answer is on and off ramps for seconds at a time. Please don't ask me how I know. LOL. Yes, the hi-end audio guys will say, but I can use it anytime I like in the comfort of my own home. The inevitable reply is "but is your room the acoustic equivalent of a track or the Autobahn?"

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
If the strip club uses hi-rez tracks of Bonnie Tyler or Bon Jovi.....perhaps!

Any strip club music on your transfer list Bruce? :D

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Corner and braking , yes they will , as for super bikes , play with them like mopeds , BMW 's new crotch rocket is a bit more of a challenge , but once you exceed 600 whp , you can just about show heels from 60mph to any super bike currently a available ..

i'm talking here about closed tracks where it's acceleration which matters, not top speed. and superbikes always have power to weight advantages which mean the most under the velocities where cars areodynamics provide big advantages.

unless you are in Germany sustained top speeds are theoretical questions. sure you can do that on the open road anywhere if you are rich, crazy and stupid enough. a big 600hp nearly 4000 pound car on a track is out of it's element.

and if we are talking about the open road, it usually comes down to your level of testosterone, not performance. and the superbike riders typically have much more of that than people who can afford to buy the ultra supercars.

Last edited:

A.wayne

Jan 14, 2011
Front Row Center
Let me be clear here MIke, I said 60 mph roll on , the superbike is usually handled like a moped and over in seconds , no autobahn necessary, autobahn's are for cars with no power, most powerful cars will hit topspeed in less than a mile, thats exit to exit on private highway' s er sorry race tracks .. :)

The bike will only have an advantage from a dig, usually overhauled within the first half mile ..on a closed track, the bike's fair evenless , check out the fastest street bike times vs cars aroiund the "ring" ...

Regards,

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Let me be clear here MIke, I said 60 mph roll on , the superbike is usually handled like a moped and over in seconds , no autobahn necessary, autobahn's are for cars with no power, most powerful cars will hit topspeed in less than a mile, thats exit to exit on private highway' s er sorry race tracks .. :)

The bike will only have an advantage from a dig, usually overhauled within the first half mile ..on a closed track, the bike's fair evenless , check out the fastest street bike times vs cars aroiund the "ring" ...

Regards,

I'd say my superbike will whip anything "street legal" from 0-160...... anyday! even from 60 - 160 or 100 - 160

I've stomped on many exotics on I-90 from a cruising speed!

Last edited:

A.wayne

Jan 14, 2011
Front Row Center
Corner and braking , yes they will , as for super bikes , play with them like mopeds , BMW 's new crotch rocket is a bit more of a challenge , but once you exceed 600 whp , you can just about show heels from 60mph to any super bike currently a available ..

Ahhh , Hem ...... :)

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
i've spent my life in the car biz, and in a very upscale area like Bellevue, Washington. i don't think people have any idea of performance at all when they think of super exotic cars. it's about the life-style they represent. driving cars like that makes a statement. same with an expensive sailboat, or jet plane, or whatever. at least the great unwashed get what it does and what it says.

i think the disconnect with high end audio is that so few people even appreciate fine audio to begin with that the idea of expensive audio seems odd. "why would someone want to do that? even if they could afford it?" it's a lack of understanding.

as far as audiophiles not getting the reason for a super expensive system that's a whole nother discussion.
I agree with this. There is a huge difference between the buyer of a Veyron and a vintage Bugatti.

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Anyone else catch what that LEMANS winning Aston sold for today at auction, i last saw 24 million ..!!!

DBR-1/2 was on consignment for the equivalent of USD 32 mil. i couldnt find news of a sale today.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...ssic-up-for-sale-for-record-breaking-20m.html

DBR-1s (3 in existence) are the most sought after competion cars bt collectors of sports racing cars from the fifties more so than a pontoon fendered testarossa. slash 2 was the chassis that won le mans outright and put caroll shelby on the map, it was also caroll's last professional race. it is the holy grail of sports racing cars from that era.

one of them resides in dr. simeone's collection on the east coast. http://simeonemuseum.org/

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing