The American Sound Turntable- Beyond's Minimalist!

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Then cease and desist pretending to be a transducer manufacturer … How many retailers did you recently attempt to hawk your speakers to ? ;)

I told you how many , did you forget already.

You have never shown a picture of your system .
You probably never made anything in your life .
The only thing you can do is produce useless anonymous comments to people like DDK who actually do something.

DDK contributed 10 times more value to this forum ( what is left of it ).then you ever will.

Last edited:

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
I told you how many did you forget already.

You have never shown a picture of your system .
You probably never made anything in your life .
The only thing you can do is produce useless anonymous comments to people like DDK who actually do something.

DDK contributed 10 times more value to this forum ( what is left of it ).then you ever will.
Awwwwww Bless … Could you list those contributions for us ? as to your speaker sales in well over …How many years ? … How could I possibly forget , I like to see you type Zero !

Last edited:

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
He did get Peter to let go of Magico :)
Yes … The beginnings of a sad decline ;) Only Joking as I have owned CN -191’s way before Da Utah Massive came on line … Nice speakers for mid range music genres tho an obvious bass / upper disconnect … Larger scale classical or more dynamic , Nope . But we are heading way off topic here .

Last edited:

matakana

Aug 26, 2020
UK
like it , fantastic designed TT, not feeling the crunched look thou , shouting CNC gone bad!
Well, Its as I would like it to be , should I commissioned this to be made for me , very artisan and over engineered , superb !! “ Truly a statement piece “ congratulations to those involved in the manufacturing.

It would be good to get the spec on this, especially the drive, just for interest sake. Concrete floors need only apply , lol.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Not my cup of tea. I always thought the previous one was rather primitive looking but when I did see Peter's in person it looked much better (and of course I was impressed with its performance).

And I do like bling.... I like the Wadax for example, but this doesn't work for me - at least not from the pic and video I've seen.

Another Johnson

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2022
Music City, USA aka Nashville
Obviously an Object d’Art. Someone, maybe sometwo, will make this the centerpiece of their analog kit. Is there an explanation beyond the art aspect? Is there any functional aspect to the multifacet design of the base?

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Here is a dedicated thread to this new turntable with Hillary Hahn video and more details about the facets on the base. Yes they serve a specific purpose. Everything has a reason in this design. Weight: roughly 1400 lbs.

Reactions: Audiohertz2

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
Oh , Oh , HaaaaaHaaaa … The strings are pulled via Utah and Voila …. The Puppets appear on stage , exactly on Que !

Last edited:

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
He did get Peter to let go of Magico :)

Lamm first then speakers. Lamm is the key.

David introduced me to options. He sent me two different pairs of Lamm amplifiers, the SS M1.1 and the SET ML2. The former were great on the Magicos, but once I heard the SETs, I had to get different speakers. It was clear. Despite what Fleece says, there is no comparison in sound quality, especially the bass quality between the Magico and my first generation 1950s Vitavox.

My American Sound turntable then followed. A local friend just bought one of the original American Sound turntables from someone who is stepping up to “The Absolute Nothing”.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
A local friend just bought one of the original American Sound turntables from someone who is stepping up to “The Absolute Nothing”.

Oh boy! I can guess...

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Not my cup of tea. I always thought the previous one was rather primitive looking but when I did see Peter's in person it looked much better (and of course I was impressed with its performance).

And I do like bling.... I like the Wadax for example, but this doesn't work for me - at least not from the pic and video I've seen.

After all is set and done ( 3-6 months whatever ) its only SQ what remains..
No matter how good the tooling /machining is of audio products .

Reactions: Bobvin

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Quite something to comprehend, a 130kg+ platter balancing on a thin sliver of air. Just that in itself is beyond impressive. Congrats seems too low key a phrase to pass on.

Last edited:
Reactions: MadFloyd

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Quite something to comprehend 130kg+ balancing on a thin sliver of air. Just that in itself is beyond impressive. Congrats seems too low key a phrase to pass on.
160 kg in one piece ! :eek: Maybe a motor lift for a V8 is needed to lower it correctly !

Reactions: Audiohertz2

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing