Stevie Ray Vaughan..Cannot get enough of him.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Big fan of SRV.

Looking forward to the vinyl set. These were supposed to come out on vinyl a while ago. Hopefully the mastering is great.

As of now the SACD box set is due from Analogue Productions as well. I think it's interesting that they are continuing to release the SACDs when MFSL just released them...

Deepak, do you happen to know who is going to release the vinyl set you refer to?

hvbias

Jun 22, 2012
New England area

caesar

May 30, 2010
There is a great recording of Stevie Ray and Albert King called In Session. I have it on SACD. Very nice jamming. Stevie Ray is very young there. he is completely awed by the aging and probably greatest blues guitarist of all time, Albert King. But after King prods him to join in, Stevie really let's loose.

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
There is a great recording of Stevie Ray and Albert King called In Session. I have it on SACD. Very nice jamming. Stevie Ray is very young there. he is completely awed by the aging and probably greatest blues guitarist of all time, Albert King. But after King prods him to join in, Stevie really let's loose.

That SACD is tremendous. I also own it.

http://www.amazon.com/Session-Hybr-...rds=albert+king+stevie+ray+vaughan+in+session

Lee

hvbias

Jun 22, 2012
New England area
That's a great album. The 45 rpm vinyl is mastered by Steve Hoffman and sounds fantastic.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Just received the MFSL Texas Weather and Couldn't Stand the Weather...lovin' it. Thanks for the recommendations. Just picked up the Led Zeppelin Remasters 2-CD album that was remastered under the eye of Jimmy Page back in '97...$0.98!!! (In fact, i noted in some remarks about later remasters, that they felt it had been cranked too loudly with less dynamic range...and the recommendation was to go with the remasters done in '97). For less than a buck for 2 CDs i figured worth a go. Particularly as i am not looking for the best of the best for this music, as much as i would for other music.

Just got an FIM Remastered Handel Messiah and Hyperion Handel Messiah from 2009...both excellent, but definitely prefer Sir Christopher Hogwood and the new Hyperion Handel Messiah from '09 to the FIM version, even though the FIM remastering job is a load of fun to listen to.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Lee, that one looks really good. Has anyone heard this set yet, or has it not yet been released?

Release date: March 2013. Pre-Order it seems.

sombunya

Oct 18, 2012
I was fortunate enough to SRV when he was relatively unknown. He and his band were second billing to, I think, Santana.

I have a SRV picture disc on Epic Records. Treasured item there.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing