Starbucks red cups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
That's why we booted out the Conservatives. People were tired of their fear mongering, blatant racism and creating a divide among citizens.

Good for you as a nation. By the way, that is precisely what the terrorists want: divide us, and make this an "us vs. them", meaning a clash between the West and the entire Muslim world. The way the world has reacted so far, and the fear mongering and hatred of minorities, plays perfectly into the terrorists' hands.

Regardless, Trump's poll numbers will go up sharply after Paris, almost guaranteed.

Last edited:

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
NOT discussion of politics which we don't allow in the forum.

I was already wondering how long this could go on . . . Perhaps it's better when we're done with it. Anyway, I enjoyed the exchange while it lasted.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Context again Al, my point that the majority of what they are is irrelevant when the minority part is enough to bring destruction and death. We have no choice but to be concerned with the whole. We are at war with ONE particular culture, ideology that is in direct conflict with what we naively call western civilization and imo we shouldn't expose ourselves until we can properly identify that so called minority. It only took 7 to kill thousands and change our world forever and 1 in power to bring destruction to millions, burden future generations with insurmountable debt and divide the mightiest nation in half to diminish it.

Regarding these so called Syrian refugees one can argue on their behalf as much as one wants but if you succeed to get them into OUR home you should take personal responsibility for anyone's death they cause and be ready to man up and pay the price.

david

What whole? What culture? Are you of the belief that the Muslim world is one whole, one culture? Do you feel the same way about Christians? Catholics are the same as Mormans who are the same as "Christian" white supremacists? This particular "war" is hard, because the enemy isn't a particular culture or nation. We can't single them out. There is no nation to attack, no army to fight. They could be headed here in a wave of refugees from Syria, or on an airliner from Denmark. Or they could already be here. So abandoning our own values, and turning our backs on very real refugees who need the world's help because there has been another attack from the shadows, is just cowardice. And surrender.

Tim

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
What whole? What culture? Are you of the belief that the Muslim world is one whole, one culture? Do you feel the same way about Christians? Catholics are the same as Mormans who are the same as "Christian" white supremacists? This particular "war" is hard, because the enemy isn't a particular culture or nation. We can't single them out. There is no nation to attack, no army to fight. They could be headed here in a wave of refugees from Syria, or on an airliner from Denmark. Or they could already be here. So abandoning our own values, and turning our backs on very real refugees who need the world's help because there has been another attack from the shadows, is just cowardice. And surrender.

And division. While David was complaining about that, ironically.

(Sorry, couldn't avoid the temptation to reply to Tim's excellent post.)

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah

Tim

Our values? Not really! They're yours and only your opinion of reality which I don't have a problem with until you try to impose it on me. This is OUR house, not yours to do with as you wish and that's the difference between you and me!

david

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
And division. While David was complaining about that, ironically.

(Sorry, couldn't avoid the temptation to reply to Tim's excellent post.)

You still don't get it Al, division isn't about difference of opinion but trying to force yours on others who don't care for them.

david

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
You still don't get it Al, division isn't about difference of opinion but trying to force yours on others who don't care for them.

david

EDIT: Comment deleted. -- No comment.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah

Tim

PS. I believe nothing of the sort Tim, only that there is a very real war going on (edit- rephrase) with these nations and their principles.

david

Last edited:

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
I HATE this time of year. I wish they could take November 15 through January 15 out of the calendar.

Not me. Four days off for Thanksgiving, and work shutdown from before Xmas to after New Year is something I look forward to each year. I wish we had something like that every month. :)

Keith_W

Mar 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.whatsbestforum.com
Umm, guys. I started this thread because I wanted to know what all the fuss about the red cups was about. It went on to the second page before someone made an attempt to answer my question, and it has gone on forever with way too many diversions - bashing Christmas, Trump, conservatives in general, and now Paris. It would have been great if my question was answered on the first page, because after 8 pages ... I still have no idea why Americans are so upset about red Starbucks cups!!!

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
You are very right Keith; it's those red cups @ Starbucks that got us all deviating into politics, Trump, Paris, music videos and all that jazz.
I apologize for falling into the "trap". ...The Trump card did it first for me.

Back to those red cups...and the Russian athletes banned from competing @ the Olympics. ...Hey, red is the color.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ot...-if-country-is-banned-for-doping-scandal.html

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Umm, guys. I started this thread because I wanted to know what all the fuss about the red cups was about. It went on to the second page before someone made an attempt to answer my question, and it has gone on forever with way too many diversions - bashing Christmas, Trump, conservatives in general, and now Paris. It would have been great if my question was answered on the first page, because after 8 pages ... I still have no idea why Americans are so upset about red Starbucks cups!!!

Starbucks’s red cup controversy, explained:

http://www.vox.com/2015/11/10/9707034/starbucks-red-cup-controversy

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
... I still have no idea why Americans are so upset about red Starbucks cups!!!

Because some Americans (like everywhere) are complete, total, absolute morons.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
About five years ago I was in a small town from Quebec; I went inside a restaurant for a small cup of coffee (black in a white cup, made of ceramic and porcelain). ...Two bucks.
Ten minutes later I went back for a refill; the guy asked me two more bucks! ...Five years ago in a small town in Quebec third world war was narrowly avoided after a brief altercation inside a restaurant and when I finally went outside to "cuff" up (cooling). It wasn't Starbucks, and the cups weren't painted red, and made of cardboard, or styrofoam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing