Starbucks red cups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith_W

Mar 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.whatsbestforum.com
Can someone please explain what the controversy about to this ignorant Australian. I just don't get it. How can a red cup generate so much controversy? Don't Americans have more serious things to get upset about?

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Can someone please explain what the controversy about to this ignorant Australian. I just don't get it. How can a red cup generate so much controversy? Don't Americans have more serious things to get upset about?

Noi controversy, just idiots who want face time.

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA

You may not think this is serious, but ISIS, militant Atheists, Mexican drug cartels and the Union for Gay America have formed a coalition and are planning a Christians genocide. They have now infiltrated not only US politics, but also major corporations like Starbucks. Besieged Christians are on to the conspriracy and are arming themselves to the teeth and will fight to the last drop of blood to defend themselves. Apparently, Ted Cruz has taking a leading role and is training self defense forces in the Texan desert. Civil war is imminent.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Crap, you mean the other 95% of America has to choose a side?????

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I'll tell you what's worse... there is a radio station here in Boston playing Christmas music 24x7 since September when I accidentally landed on its HD2 channel

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
I'll tell you what's worse... there is a radio station here in Boston playing Christmas music 24x7 since September when I accidentally landed on its HD2 channel

It's the most wonderful time of the year my ass. I hate it with a passion, especially the present exchange ritual. No one needs more junk and the collective amount of time wasted shopping boggles the mind. I have reverted to handing out charitable donation coupons (I list 10, pick one of your choice - I'll make the donation in your name). Does this officially make me a misanthrope?

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
It's the most wonderful time of the year my ass. I hate it with a passion, especially the present exchange ritual. No one needs more junk and the collective amount of time wasted shopping boggles the mind. I have reverted to handing out charitable donation coupons (I list 10, pick one of your choice - I'll make the donation in your name). Does this officially make me a misanthrope?

No you're just getting old!

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
There are two sides and we as the majority are on neither of them. First any big CORP is afraid of any mass bad press so they react to any FaceTime that gets spewed out and makes the news in across the. On try or even abroad . Next the ones who target any religion that's not that own no matter how obscure there's is. Christmas now has very little to do with chathilism it's
Utleiy almost about money , were Jesus had none. As Catholic I really do not care for all the cups I feel bad not to buy one lol.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY

I completely agree. I hate everything about this time of year..

BAH, HUMBUG.

I HATE this time of year. I wish they could take November 15 through January 15 out of the calendar.

I give gifts to a few special people who have done something noteworthy and deserve recognition.

People do not get a gift from me because the calendar says it's that time of year and I don't feel bad about this because I don't want gifts from anybody either, so nobody can say I'm a hypocrite.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Guys relax no one is saying you have to buy gifts. Do we do the same for hanika
It's about what you want to do not have to do.
I have no family left except my wife and kids I wish I had more , so do what you feel like doing but don't damn the whole event
Merry Christmas lol

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Doesn't concern me. I buy my coffee from Tim Horton's. :D

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
What is the controversy about? Seriously! I have no idea and don't want to search for it ...

jasn

Apr 28, 2014
What is the controversy about? Seriously! I have no idea and don't want to search for it ...

The War on Christmas

Quoted from the entry under November 2015:

In November 2015, the coffee shop chain Starbucks introduced Christmas-themed cups that, in contrast to previous iterations that did contain winter- and Christmas-oriented imagery (such as reindeer and ornaments) but no overtly religious symbols, were colored in solid red with only the standard Starbucks logo as a design. The company explained that the minimal design was meant to embrace "the simplicity and the quietness" of the holiday season, and invite customers to "create their own stories" by using the solid-colored cup as a "blank canvas". On November 5, a video was posted on Facebook by evangelist and self-proclaimed "social media personality" Joshua Feuerstein, in which he accused Starbucks of "hating Jesus" by removing Christmas-oriented imagery from the cup, followed by him "tricking" a barista into writing "Merry Christmas" on the cup, and encouraging others to do the same. The video went viral, spurring discussions and commentary: Businessman and Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump supported Feuerstein's claim by suggesting a boycott of Starbucks, stating that "If I become president, we're all going to be saying 'Merry Christmas' again." Many social media users, including other Christians, have perceived the criticism to be an overreaction.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
This red cup thing is just silly. Even in the silly climate of today, this is silly to the max.

Leave it to the religious right to complain about something like this.

They wanted starbucks to have a specific christmas reference on the cup, not just the colors.

slowGEEZR

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
Leave it to the religious right to complain about something like this.

They wanted starbucks to have a specific christmas reference on the cup, not just the colors.

Bingo! The bogus war on christianity. Imaginary fears. Sorta like those that feel the need to carry a gun into the grocery store.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Bingo! The bogus war on christianity. Imaginary fears. Sorta like those that feel the need to carry a gun into the grocery store.

We just went through an election campaign that was the most divisive in our history. The incumbents (Conservatives) based their entire campaign on fear-mongering and thankfully got walloped in the end.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
We just went through an election campaign that was the most divisive in our history. The incumbents (Conservatives) based their entire campaign on fear-mongering and thankfully got walloped in the end.

Your country is nothing. Now we got Trump who wants to deport 11 million illegal immigrants. Good luck with that. If you think that's either possible or desirable then something is really wrong with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing