Solidarity with Paris

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
PC062000.jpg

This cambodian restaurant on the corner is a block away from the "Le Petit Camboge" restaurant, that was attacked last night. It's in the Canal St. Martin, a lovely neighborhood we were staying in...

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Thanks for bringing attention to it. I had not seen the reports until I read this thread and went looking for the news. What great tragedy.

I have only been to paris once and it was a short visit with no pictures taken.

853guy

Aug 14, 2013
We were in the 5th arrondissement on Friday night, staying with some close friends for a weekend of birthday celebrations.

Of course, we heard the sirens that began around 9:30pm - and would continue through the weekend - but at that point, had no idea what they were signalling.

I happened to check my phone about 1:30am Saturday morning after I got up to one of our girls who was coughing, and was stunned and shocked. Soon, we were all getting calls and messages from concerned friends and family, grateful we were able to say we were alive and well, though shaken and grieving for those who were taken. I feel asleep much later, my head spinning and my heart sick. We ventured out on both days, and though the sense of loss was palpable, we encountered thousands of others who simply wanted to take to the streets and live life in the midst of circumstances too overwhelming to comprehend. I've never seen more people holding hands, linking arms and kissing than I did those two days in Paris, and was heartened to see many families with young children similar in age to ours laughing, dancing and playing.

We arrived back yesterday afternoon, having caught the train from Gare du Nord to our village where many commute daily to Paris for work. Sad, disturbed and full of questions, I was nevertheless incredibly grateful for my wife, our three children and the friends and family who have come to define my existence. I understand politics has no place on a forum such as this, and probably that is for the best. But it's become clear to me that while passive reflection is of some worth, I'm becoming convinced this is not someone else's problem to solve. Certainly, after walking the streets of Paris hand-in-hand with my pre-teen children, I am determined to make sure this will not be a problem for their generation to overcome, because my generation saw fit to do nothing.

I only wish I knew what to do.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
One of my nieces (Ariane) is a flight attendant, and Saturday she was in Paris (she might still be there, I'm not sure), staying in a hotel near the airport; without going in the downtown. But who knows if the airport and hotels near by are safer or not? She loves Paris and she's been @ that place before, the Bataclan.

Paris.jpg Arian.jpg

? All thoughts and prayers go to all who suffer in these very hard times.

* People from @ least nineteen different countries are among the dead (129), @ least. On injured Canadian, among 352 more. ...And 99 in critical condition. I watched the news all weekend, I never watch the news, never; but this time around I did, and I learned what I already knew...this world is crazy...the way businesses and world's affairs are conducted, including humans. ...Totally unacceptable, and yet everyone turn the page without looking @ it! ...Or if they do, they just ignore the reality and escape in a false world of misguidance and deceptive maneuvers.
It is so disheartening that I don't even want to be associated this corrupted world which is selling his soul to the devil. ...Our own elected leaders not taking the proper steps; in helping the ones on the front line of extermination, up in the mountains, and pursued to death by the exterminators.
Them, there are large numbers and they take priority over the refugees. Plus you don't have possibility of infiltration from bad dudes in those groups; as they are chased after to be killed/exterminated.
I won't go there; you guys watch much more the news than I.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Valeria Solesin ... from Italy.

She was only 28-years old; killed @ the Bataclan. ...A friend of my niece, close friend. It touches me right here. ...And all my family.

valeria-solesin-parigi-bataclan.jpg

* My thoughts, my prayers, my heart ? are with all her family and friends. Tears are falling down right here @ home, like flowers under the rain.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
So sorry to hear about that news Bob. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and her family and friends also.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Thank you Amir. I received an email from my brother (father of Ariane) earlier today, and he was in tears. Ariane is also very shaken. I don't know where she is right now because she always goes everywhere anywhere in the world due to her job. She has friends all over, a mid twenty and beautiful in & out.

This terrible act of terrorism affects us all directly.

* I just received another email right now, probably my brother again as I asked him a question in our last email...going to check it out right away...

<> No, it wasn't my brother but my friend Will the musician/artist professional artist. And with his thoughts on the situation in the world regarding young people without a job and feeling helplessness and easy targets for the evil forces. I won't post it; a little too deep and with religions going wrong, and with it the people who lost the sense of solid foundations. And that, is a reality that we cannot escape. This is the planet for all of us. We're all part of it.

I saw things and I listen to people in the news this entire weekend and yesterday, and it made me think much deeper with eyes much more open on all of us and them, all human beings of inequality in a world who discard the persecuted so easily and think of themselves only with their values of nice talk about tra-la-la all that jazz and diamonds in their drawers.

This is a cruel world we live in; like animals in the jungle without heart and brain. ...Only the survival of our own entourage blinding us deeper into this abyss we create without even seeing the darkness of where many of us live in.

We have music, we have films, they have despair, no food, no jobs, no sense of identity, they only know the persecution and extermination.
Peace and War. ...Violence and non-violence. ...Action and Reaction. ...Giving and Taking.

Last edited:

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
How things have changed? Remember freedom Fries?

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
She was only 28-years old; killed @ the Bataclan. ...A friend of my niece, close friend. It touches me right here. ...And all my family.

* My thoughts, my prayers, my heart ? are with all her family and friends. Tears are falling down right here @ home, like flowers under the rain.

Unfortunately Bob as Jew with family in Israel this kind of tragedy is only too familiar. Until very recently Bataclan was a Jewish establishment and probably why it was targeted, condolences to her family…!

david

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
David, from all the young people who died in Paris this last Friday they were @ least from nineteen nations.
And yes, I've heard about the Bataclan's nationality ownership.

One of my best friends is Irish...and he grew up on the outskirts of Belfast.
One film I saw @ the theater (1993) when it came out (powerful); based on a true story:

* The police hired by our bureaucrats, our taxes, our governments, in so many countries is so corrupted and discriminatory, that ...
If you are young, without a job, from another country, color, ...

It is us, the people who hire, who ask for protection, it is us with our own money/power who spill the blood of innocent children all across the universe.
Why? Because we are living in fear. ...Fear of being robbed and killed. That's what power does to us, and to them.
Our life's values only apply to us, not them.

My blood is universal; my very first ancestor was a star in the universe, then bang!
Today, my blood is red, like my flag, the Canadian flag, French Canadian, and the mother of my Dad's mother was pure Irish.
And the guys before her where from an Indian tribe of the Apalachian mountains. ...And their blood was red, like their skin, but black under their feet.

There is a film I recently watched, and I'll wait before I share. I have no immediate plan of sharing. I just don't know when I'll be ready.

¶ I just received (right now) a new email from my brother: http://www.lifeinitaly.com/news/flags-half-mast-venice-paris-victim-valeria

Attachments

• in-the-name-of-the-father-original.jpg
    in-the-name-of-the-father-original.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing