SMC audio gear

JJDtown

Apr 2, 2022
The boys at SMc Audio are quite busy. They will be making a pre for me in the summer to go with the dna 1,
Same here. Given the rave reviews I’ve seen about SMc preamps across the price spectrum I expect it will be amazing.

By the way, I read your enthusiastic review about your amp several times last summer while I was waiting for my DNA-1 rebuild.

I chose an unorthodox color for the faceplate which I still think looks pretty cool. Let’s see if I can manage to attach a photo …

Jordan

C1A1EF35-6911-4A4A-B4D3-1EB7D2664186.jpeg

JJDtown

Apr 2, 2022
Whoops!

That was my first post here. I’m not sure what caused the double text. Hopefully I won’t do that in the future.

Jordan

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Congrats. Hope you are enjoying it. I went with the classic look although I don’t think that the new faceplate was an option back then.

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
I am at the end of the line, I can wait. Just got a Sony 83 J90a OLED for the HT and am busy enjoying that right now after dual cataract surgery.

JJDtown

Apr 2, 2022
I am at the end of the line, I can wait. Just got a Sony 83 J90a OLED for the HT and am busy enjoying that right now after dual cataract surgery.
Ok. I thought maybe you had changed your mind and I was wondering why.

Enjoy your new and improved eyesight and your new and improved TV.

JJ

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Finally got around to it after having my HT room upgraded to Dolby Atmos. Will have the TLC 2 in September with review to follow. Two box system with gravity base. Looking forward to it!

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
I ordered a new build TLC-2 back in July. Gravity base system with external power supply. Bare bones to keep the costs down so only two single ended inputs and with one single ended and one balanced output. No remote as I can get off my ass still to change the volume. Black faceplate. Will be here some time this month. Review will be forthcoming. I hope you love your amp.

JJDtown

Apr 2, 2022
I ordered a new build TLC-2 back in July. Gravity base system with external power supply. Bare bones to keep the costs down so only two single ended inputs and with one single ended and one balanced output. No remote as I can get off my ass still to change the volume. Black faceplate. Will be here some time this month. Review will be forthcoming. I hope you love your amp.

Sounds good.

I’m very happy with the SMC preamp and amp I have. Together they generate what I think of as the SMC sound: clarity and detail that’s effortless, natural, and musical.

I bet you’ll be happy with the new preamp especially since you’ll be pairing it with your existing SMC amp.

I look forward to your impressions.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing