Shunyata omega Ethernet cable

John T

Feb 15, 2022
Hugh not heroic, psychotic!! Deep rooted OCD! Lee, I tried my best with Multi Meter! Their is an Ohm section, on a MM if you touch one probe on the rod, where do you make contact with the other? I thought about touching the Rod and inserting the other probe deep into my ear canal!! Theoretically I could A/B. After installing the rod with the enhancement material and connect the 4 AWG, from the 2nd rod, I could remove it from the clamp and listen with and without connected to enhanced rod. I will do that after returning from the orthopedic surgeon!! When I reinstalled my new grounding system, (Ground Rods Have A Life Span) the old one as you can imagine very corroded and scaled after 20 plus years in the ground. It was still doing its thing for lightening , but my resistance was poor. The noise floor with my 6 dedicated circuits became lower. The system took on an improved delivery. Blacker, a stillness. As earlier indicated, you want to get as low as possible. But consistent is important too.

Reactions: HughP3

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Hugh not heroic, psychotic!! Deep rooted OCD! Lee, I tried my best with Multi Meter! Their is an Ohm section, on a MM if you touch one probe on the rod, where do you make contact with the other? I thought about touching the Rod and inserting the other probe deep into my ear canal!! Theoretically I could A/B. After installing the rod with the enhancement material and connect the 4 AWG, from the 2nd rod, I could remove it from the clamp and listen with and without connected to enhanced rod. I will do that after returning from the orthopedic surgeon!! When I reinstalled my new grounding system, (Ground Rods Have A Life Span) the old one as you can imagine very corroded and scaled after 20 plus years in the ground. It was still doing its thing for lightening , but my resistance was poor. The noise floor with my 6 dedicated circuits became lower. The system took on an improved delivery. Blacker, a stillness. As earlier indicated, you want to get as low as possible. But consistent is important too.

I’m just going to assume this wasn’t a fluke. ;)

Reactions: John T

Re-tread

Mar 8, 2020
Greetings all,

(Hopefully, back on the Omega Ethernet topic)

Can someone provide a more robust description of the sonic uplift experienced when inserting the Omega Ethernet cable. I am interested to know: if you lose any density, how the bass and mids are effected (for the better or the worse), if the tone tilts too much into the "bright" or "thin" realm, or any other detractor. Fingers crossed on all the above.

I have enjoyed the Omega USB (experiencing zero detractors, and no loss of density), and have an Omega Ethernet in my acquisition 'sights' in the very near future. Any description on the facets above, or, your sonic experience would be most appreciated.

Thank you!
Re-tread

Last edited:

HughP3

VIP/Donor
Apr 25, 2019
Greetings all,

Can someone provide a more robust description of the sonic uplift experienced when inserting the Omega Ethernet cable. I am interested to know: if you lose any density, how the bass and mids are effected (for the better or the worse), if the tone tilts too much into the "bright" or "thin" realm, or any other detractor. Fingers crossed on all the above.

I have enjoyed the Omega USB (experiencing zero detractors, and no loss of density), and have an Omega Ethernet in my acquisition 'sites' in the very near future. Any description on the facets above, or, your sonic experience would be most appreciated.

Thank you!
Re-tread
I will ask @Lee to chime in. He was there for the A/b and can wordsmith an impression much better than i.

Reactions: Re-tread

kleinbje

Dec 20, 2012
CT
i am simple stunned by the performance of this cable. I have it installed btwn the wall Ethernet outlet and the Innuos Phoenix switch. Its a huge difference in clarity, attack well everything. It’s startling. How the hell can a Ethernet cable make this much of a difference is beyond me. The difference is liken to a really bad recording to the absolute best. It defies logic.
Been there! Enjoy. I have a Sigma, a AQ Cinnamon got me started.

Reactions: HughP3 and Lee

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Better bass, more resolution, vocals were less veiled, better definition of instruments.

TDX

Jan 14, 2020
Greetings all,

I have enjoyed the Omega USB (experiencing zero detractors, and no loss of density), and have an Omega Ethernet in my acquisition 'sights' in the very near future. Any description on the facets above, or, your sonic experience would be most appreciated.

Thank you!
Re-tread
I recently purchased a shunyata omega ethernet cable. I use it between a router and the audiophile switch. On the contrary to your description, I got more density, more bass not bright or thin. That said, I feel too much bass after using this ethernet cable. It could be other reasons so don’t take my word too much.

Reactions: Lee

Re-tread

Mar 8, 2020
Greetings @TDX

Thank you kindly for the follow up on your experience using the Omega Ethernet. From your report, can we deduce you are enjoying it? Was it a good move for your system (and for the sound you are pursuing)?

Just to clarify, if you read my question above carefully (from April, 2022), I was "asking" for in-field feedback from other users of the Omega Ethernet to describe the sonic uplift they experienced when inserting an Omega Ethernet. In parallel, I provided my positive experience using the sibling Omega USB cable (which I did own at the time). So, in my question, I did not describe the sound of the Omega Ethernet cable, as I did not own it then. I was describing characteristics that I wanted to avert (avoid). Apologies if my question was confusing.

Since posting that question in April, 2022, I did subsequently purchase a Shunyata Omega Ethernet cable, and I found it to be a very good addition to my system. I found the sonic uplift to be all positive, with NONE of the sonic detractors that I was hoping to avoid. In hindsight, I believe this cable to be a very good contributor for my system's overall sound. As they say, everything matters and YMMV. Hope these clarifications are helpful.

Re-tread

Last edited:

TDX

Jan 14, 2020
Greetings @TDX

Thank you kindly for the follow up on your experience using the Omega Ethernet. From your report, can we deduce you are enjoying it? Was it a good move for your system (and for the sound you are pursuing)?

Just to clarify, if you read my question above carefully (from April, 2022), I was "asking" for in-field feedback from other users of the Omega Ethernet to describe the sonic uplift they experienced when inserting an Omega Ethernet. In parallel, I provided my positive experience using the sibling Omega USB cable (which I did own at the time). So, in my question, I did not describe the sound of the Omega Ethernet cable, as I did not own it then. I was describing characteristics that I wanted to avert (avoid). Apologies if my question was confusing.

Since posting that question in April, 2022, I did subsequently purchase a Shunyata Omega Ethernet cable, and I found it to be a very good addition to my system. I found the sonic uplift to be all positive, with NONE of the sonic detractors that I was hoping to avoid. In hindsight, I believe this cable to be a very good contributor for my system's overall sound. As they say, everything matters and YMMV. Hope these clarifications are helpful.

Re-tread
No worries at all. I guess you’ve avoided all those words you listed and enjoyed the cable so far.

Reactions: Re-tread

luca.pelliccioli

Aug 20, 2022
I will ask @Lee to chime in. He was there for the A/b and can wordsmith an impression much better than i.
Hi Hugh,

sorry this is a reply to an old thread about Shunyata Omega Ethernet cable, I’m very interested to evaluate along with Omega USB.
I also use Statement Next Gen with PhoenixNET, MSB DAC (Premiere) in my case via ProUSB module.

Are you still happy with your Omega ethernet? Did you try connecting them between Phoenix and Statement or you found it works better upstream from router to switch? What second ethernet cable are you using?
Which Omega do you think is able to provide higher results between USB and Ethernet in the chain?

TIA

HughP3

VIP/Donor
Apr 25, 2019
Hi Hugh,

sorry this is a reply to an old thread about Shunyata Omega Ethernet cable, I’m very interested to evaluate along with Omega USB.
I also use Statement Next Gen with PhoenixNET, MSB DAC (Premiere) in my case via ProUSB module.

Are you still happy with your Omega ethernet? Did you try connecting them between Phoenix and Statement or you found it works better upstream from router to switch? What second ethernet cable are you using?
Which Omega do you think is able to provide higher results between USB and Ethernet in the chain?

TIA
Hi sorry delayed response.
I have omega btwn router and Phoenix switch and switch to dac.

I started with a omega cable between the innous statement and the DAC with a cheap amazon cable btwn phoenix switch, and the router. I overlooked buying the cable. Soon as i put the new omega in it was a miraculous change, and I am not one to believe in pixie dust.

Re-tread

Mar 8, 2020
My experience mirrors @HughP3's experience and sentiment almost exactly.

I (too) first started with a SR Omega USB cable between my Innuos Server and my DAC, and enjoyed a wonderful SQ uplift; and, then later inserted a SR Omega Ethernet further up-stream between my PhoenixNET and my Server, and (after thorough cable break-in) never looked back. The SQ uplift of the Omega Ethernet cable was not subtle, and perhaps even "life audio changing", at least in in my system. YMMV. Highly recommended from here..!

Re-tread

Last edited:

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reactions: jasond

Ian B

Oct 19, 2020
The thing I like about this cable, that even the Omega USB did not do, is how much it relaxes the feel of the sound. Significantly more ease. I did not notice a huge improvement from stock to Sigma Ethernet, but with Omega it's hard to not notice how much better things sound and feel.

Re-tread

Mar 8, 2020
My experience with the Omega Ethernet is not only an improvement in all the typical sonic attributes, but it also brought me "closer the music", as if the music was more alive and present in my living space.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing