Shun Mook in Canada

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
There are a lot of used Shun Mook resonators in Canada today

If anyone is going to buy, suggest you check, as these are around 20 years old. Weights and diamonds have changed. Also (and please, no anti-foo brigade) there is a dot on each which makes a big difference, and I am not sure if these have them.

I don't have experience with these older models. Just thought I would put that out before anyone who takes my recommendations seriously (if at all) jumps to buy these, as I have been recommending them, and don't want anyone buying and being disappointed if these models were different to the ones I recommended.

If anyone is going to buy, suggest you check, as these are around 20 years old. Weights and diamonds have changed. Also (and please, no anti-foo brigade) there is a dot on each which makes a big difference, and I am not sure if these have them.

I don't have experience with these older models. Just thought I would put that out before anyone who takes my recommendations seriously (if at all) jumps to buy these, as I have been recommending them, and don't want anyone buying and being disappointed if these models were different to the ones I recommended.

Hi B, Bill Ying told me there are lots of fakes out there-- Caveat Emptor--I have the Resonators and Record Clamp-- agree great products if much maligned by the "measurements rule my life brigade"

maybe they should take the blinkers off and listen to music for a change

BruceD

You believe they make a difference then Bruce?
Keith

If they make your system sound different, then they've made a difference. And they do. And so they do.

I have SM's from when they first started selling them(1990's). They all have the dot. In addition, ebony from back then is the real deal. I'll bet today's "ebony" isn't really ebony..

I have SM's from when they first started selling them(1990's). They all have the dot. In addition, ebony from back then is the real deal. I'll bet today's "ebony" isn't really ebony..

Hi possible. There are some older ones without the dot. That's all I am saying. When people buy older ones they should check

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing