Science Forum Color

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Hi guys. Most of our members get into threads by using the "New Posts" menu item. As such, they may land in this forum and not realize it is the science forum and has special rules. So I went ahead and changed the default color scheme to a dark shade of green. Let me know what you think of it. It is hard to pick a color that is dark/visible yet different from black.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
It is a very subtle change Bob. It may look gray. Look at the title of this thread in my post in bold. Then go to another forum and see the difference.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
--Default Style or ----Science Forum; it's always the same colors, and here and over there in the regular forums.

Only the --TEST is blue accentuated. ...Which is nice too, but I prefer Default Style with brownish and grey accents, ...more classy and unique to WBF.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
What am I doing wrong?

This thread has the same colors as, for example, the Active Speakers thread.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Let me make a drastic color change and see if you notice that. Or we have another problem to debug :).

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
--Default Style or ----Science Forum; it's always the same colors, and here and over there in the regular forums.

Only the --TEST is blue accentuated. ...Which is nice too, but I prefer Default Style with brownish and grey accents, ...more classy and unique to WBF.
I just forced it to be the Science Style to eliminate that variable.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Oh it is red now I can clearly see, but red is too bloody Amir, too virulent. :D

If you want to change the main color of the characters (letters), @ least go for something Brown, or Olive Green, or Navy Blue.
...You know, a scientific color. :b

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I like bloody, but how about a lower chroma shade of red like brick red or a deep low chroma purple.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
Can you show us a sample alternate font or two?

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I just changed it to century gothic. Compare it to your signature and you should see the difference.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
It's different, but could still be confused with the other font.

I think the color difference is better to differentiate the parts of the website.

I do like this font.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
This font it is. Now, how do you like this color treatment? I changed the background and set the foreground to brown (I know it might still look gray).

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Ah good. :)

So how about Peter's suggestion of leaving the color the same and changing the font?

If you can do that that would be the best, I think.

I just changed it to century gothic. Compare it to your signature and you should see the difference.

I made a mistake; the font is for the words, the letters, somehow I had in mind the outline of the page, being a different color, like what you said in the first post.
Amir, the theory of the relativity as we know it; it's everywhere, in all the things, @ all time. It's part of life, part of our daily routine, like the aspiration to peace, to happiness.
It's an art to master living in peace with everyone...and science is a well calculated measure. ...Red, brown is fine; it differentiates science from subjectivity.

Personally; you are doing a fine job, going the extra mile, giving your 120% all the time, always rising to your best, ...a great human being.
You and Steve, the experts, the members, the readers; there are no other place like it.

An issue arises...makes WBF twice stronger and better. ...Experience.

? That's my favorite color, on a white background, and favorite font. :b

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
A white background like Northstar said is very nice.-- Just like in the reply box before you hit "submit reply".

That has a very crisp clean appearance.

I would prefer a navy blue font color. It would have a very rich looking appearance.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing