Science Forum Color

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
This font it is. Now, how do you like this color treatment? I changed the background and set the foreground to brown (I know it might still look gray).

? All good.

A white background like Northstar said is very nice.-- Just like in the reply box before you hit "submit reply".

That has a very crisp clean appearance.

I would prefer a navy blue font color. It would have a very rich looking appearance.

? Lol. I prefer Amir's background color...very light brown/grey cream color. ...Almost like a very light pink. :cool:

Navy blue; me too I like. But I can also easily live with Amir's brown letters.

And the font; that's the one I like but I go with the flow.
:b

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Differentiating this forum from the others is the small challenge. The larger one is keeping the same old argument out of the many threads started in other forums. Current examples include Active Speakers and the AQ Jitterbug threads, both of which require some technical discussion to be meaningful, are on the cusp of objectivist/subjectivist brawl, and could go south at any moment. So do mods move threads here that belong here, and subject them to the special rules of this forum? That should be interesting.

Tim

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
There are no easy answers Tim. My request for now at least, is if you see your comments leading to a brawl, to stop and bring the topic here. Create a new thread and we discuss the science. We (the moderating team) can't do that because we are not reading every thread and every post.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Differentiating this forum from the others is the small challenge. The larger one is keeping the same old argument out of the many threads started in other forums. Current examples include Active Speakers and the AQ Jitterbug threads, both of which require some technical discussion to be meaningful, are on the cusp of objectivist/subjectivist brawl, and could go south at any moment. So do mods move threads here that belong here, and subject them to the special rules of this forum? That should be interesting.

Tim

I totally disagree. That AQ Jitterbug thread was created by Michael Lowe in his own personal blog. So now I see that someone who has an interest enough to have their own personal blog will according to you have their threads transferred to the Science Of Audio Forum because you feel there is a brawl. I can't cozy up to that idea unless the blogger (Michael) agrees to have his thread high jacked. Sorry Tim but you seem to be encroaching where ever you seem to feel the need. Can a personal blogger now have to worry that something like this will happen to his blog.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
I totally disagree. That AQ Jitterbug thread was created by Michael Lowe in his own personal blog. So now I see that someone who has an interest enough to have their own personal blog will according to you have their threads transferred to the Science Of Audio Forum because you feel there is a brawl. I can't cozy up to that idea unless the blogger (Michael) agrees to have his thread high jacked. Sorry Tim but you seem to be encroaching where ever you seem to feel the need. Can a personal blogger now have to worry that something like this will happen to his blog.

I wasn't encroaching on anything, Steve, I asked a question. And I think Amir is suggesting that if we find a topic we want discuss the science of, that we should open second thread on the topic here. A good idea. it will keep science talk away from the general population, but I guess that's the idea.

Tim

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I wasn't encroaching on anything, Steve, I asked a question. And I think Amir is suggesting that if we find a topic we want discuss the science of, that we should open second thread on the topic here. A good idea. it will keep science talk away from the general population, but I guess that's the idea.

Tim
I appreciate the clarification.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Just fyi, the font and colour changes don't seem to make any difference on that mobile site.

Interesting you just mentioned:

PC/Laptop:
1. Background color I like; excellent. ...A very subtle pink/purple creamy color.
2. Brown lettering I also like; excellent. ...Looks scientific/classic.
3. Font; no change. ...The font is the exact same as in the regular (subjective) audio forums.

Mobile:
1. Background color: Same as above, excellent.
2. Lettering color: Same as above, excellent.
3. Font: Same as above...no font change. But that's ok.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Last edited:

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Few more adjustments to the font color/background. The contrast was too low and I was having a hard time reading long posts.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
It's better.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing