Roon ROCK on a NUC with an eero mesh router

Zuman

Feb 25, 2023
I have a large eero mesh network in my home (7 eeros) and one of the eeros provides the ethernet-based network connection to the NUC that runs Roon ROCK for me.
I had a power outage last week, and when the system came back up my NUC had lost network connectivity and would not re-connect. I switched out the NUC-connected eero with another one, but still no joy.
Finally, with the help of eero tech support, we turned off Client Steering in "Settings" in the eero app on my phone. That did it - I rebooted the NUC and ROCK was up and running again.
I can't be the only one here running Roon ROCK on a NUC connected to an eero via ethernet, so hopefully this will help someone else out someday...

Reactions: felice20y

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing