Sync Roon Core?

Zuman

Feb 25, 2023
Hi, all. Not sure if this is the right sub-forum, but here goes...
I have a NAD M50.2 digital player/vault connected via ethernet to a NUC Roon Core running ROCK. The M50.2 contains two 2TB drives in RAID configuration, so when I add new music I typically download it to a laptop, then copy it to the M50.2, which shows up as network drive M:
I've had no problems getting music into the M50.2, which appropriately adds and indexes it. It shows up immediately after running a reindex on BluOS, NAD's music management software (on either my phone or laptop).
However, it sometimes takes quite a while for ROCK to figure out that there's something new on the M50.2 and add it to my Roon library. In fact, it hasn't always discovered new content even after rebooting the NUC.
I expect I'm doing something stupid (or NOT doing something I should be doing). Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks!

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017
When you go under settings>storage you should see your storage locations. If you click on the 3 dots to the right there is an option to "force rescan". Select this and after it completes see if your files show up.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing