Report: Colts, Manning breaking up

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Frantz

I never said he was washed up. Please read what I wrote. Over the many years of my medical practice I have heard anectdotal stories of a body thump ending in disaster. You are also forgetting that he has had 4 neck surgeries. I am far from being an arm chair quarterback and yes the owner did his due diligence and yes it can happen to any quarterback but on any given Sunday $..t happens. I love the game but it has changed so immensely over the years. Players are being injured more often and more serious injuries. Now we also hear about teams having a bounty on bringing a player down. So if you think he won't be hurried out of the pocket etc etc I think you are the one being the armchair QB. My only concern is for the safety if the player. After all it's only a game but the vast sums of monies made could be enough to make an owner burp up $96M. I have always said that I admire his abilities. Now are we still friends ;)

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Indeed.. Steve no harm done .. Probability is very high that he can play at the highest level... Being an elite player he is more scrutinized than other players but playing and exposing their bodies is part of the NFL and Due Diligence had to be performed to cough up 96 Millions ...
Now what is Tebow worth on the Market? I say not much ...

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
I think it is safe to state that the contract drawn up will contain safeguards to protect the Denvers in the event of Manning's inability to perform. Moreover, Denver will most assuredly procure insurance on that contract.

On a separate note, I'll take Manning over Steve Young for passing ability, but Steve Young could run and, well, Manning can't. As to those 9er teams from the 80s, well, let me just state that I have an authentic Montana jersey and knock off Jerry Rice and Ronnie Lott jerseys. Steve Young? Nah.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Wonder which writer decided to start the rumor that the Jets were interested in Tee-blow? C'mon Sanchez may not be Eli or Peyton, but Tee-blow?

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Poor Miami? No, poor 9ers.

+1

Also the league sure spanked the Saints today. Sean Peyton suspended for a year,stands to loose 8 million in salary. Greg Williams suspended indefinitely. Go get'em Goodell!

Steve Williams

+1

Also the league sure spanked the Saints today. Sean Peyton suspended for a year,stands to loose 8 million in salary. Greg Williams suspended indefinitely. Go get'em Goodell!

their GM was also suspended for 8 games without pay

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
Just heard that Tebow contract lang is holding up the trade to the Jets.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
Pats lose LawFirm to Bengals and Anderson to Bills.

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
Put Tebow in the backfield with Cam Newton and see how long it would take for defenses to try and figure out how to stop them. Both are big, both can run and one can pass really well and the other, not so much.

Won't happen but sure would be fun to watch.

Steve Williams

Put Tebow in the backfield with Cam Newton and see how long it would take for defenses to try and figure out how to stop them. Both are big, both can run and one can pass really well and the other, not so much.

well the Tebow trade is on hold due to a contract glitch that would give the Broncos $5M of recapture money

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010

Would be interesting but I think Cam Newton has all the making of a great QB... He also is a student of the game .. he doesn't need a sidekick/sideshow like Tebow to shine. He needs a stout offensive line and better receivers ...

mep

Apr 20, 2010
There is no doubt that Cam Newton is the real deal.

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
The ink on Cam is not dry yet.

It's always harder the second time around. His oppenets have all summer to look at his film. More over you could beat the Panthers without shutting Cam down. I think this year will tell. I fully expect him to pass the test. He benifittted greatly from lowered expectations.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing