Report: Colts, Manning breaking up

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
From the AP

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — The Peyton Manning era in Indianapolis is expected to end Wednesday, according to a report.

Citing anonymous sources, ESPN reported Tuesday that the Colts plan to hold a news conference to announce the long-expected decision. Manning is expected to attend.

Team owner Jim Irsay and Manning's agent, Tom Condon, did not immediately respond to messages left by The Associated Press.

Manning turns 36 later this month, and missed the entire 2011 season after a third neck surgery. Before that, he'd never missed a game in his 13 NFL seasons.

He is owed a $28 million bonus, and with the Colts holding the top draft pick, they apparently have decided it was too risky and pricey to keep the four-time league MVP.

Manning led the Colts to the 2006 NFL title.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
If he leaves the Colts for another team that will be tough to get used to.

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
There's a team here in the Bay Area that was a quarterback short of making it to last year's Superbowl. I'm not talkin' Silver & Black, either.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
Scuttlebutt is leaning towards South Beach.
I refuse to believe he would even consider NY with Eli there.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Any team who gets an healthy Peyton Manning becomes an instant contender. Let's hope for the Colts that the Luck kid, who has not yet thrown an NFL pass is as good as they think.

Mark

Mar 17, 2012
Sorry to see Payton leave the colts. He was the only reason I even liked them. Hopefully he goes to a good team.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Sorry to see Payton leave the colts. He was the only reason I even liked them. Hopefully he goes to a good team.

I don't know :) Steve may get to see him play.

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
Hi

My heart goes for Peyton. There are more decent ways to part with a player of this caliber, one who is one of the All-Time greats and who relieved, almost singlehandedly, the Colts from the Worst-team-in-the-NFL' tag they carried for a long time. This was ugly and downright insulting.
I do however wonder about what the Colts know about his health status. Because he is indeed healthy and Luck doesn't pan out to be all that they think or that he falters because he doesn't have good people around him .. then all hell will break loose on the Colts executive and the whole Football-loving public will revere in glee... I know I will be on of those who will root for any team playing the Colts

Steve Williams

Hi

My heart goes for Peyton. There are more decent ways to part with a player of this caliber, one who is one of the All-Time greats and who relieved, almost singlehandedly, the Colts from the Worst-team-in-the-NFL' tag they carried for a long time. This was ugly and downright insulting.
I do however wonder about what the Colts know about his health status. Because he is indeed healthy and Luck doesn't pan out to be all that they think or that he falters because he doesn't have good people around him .. then all hell will break loose on the Colts executive and the whole Football-loving public will revere in glee... I know I will be on of those who will root for any team playing the Colts

From my point of view I would be most concerned about another neck injury

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

Steve Williams

A lot of scuttlebutt going on here in the SF Bay Area re Peyton. Over the past 2 weeks the 49ers have been signing some stellar free agents as well as bringing Randy Moss back

Jim Harbaugh brought with a doctor and met with Peyton for several hours. Although a long shot I wouldn't totally rule out Peyton going to the 49ers. If so one can bet on a probable Super Bowl contender here

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Randy Moss,Mario Manningham,Michael Crabtree, and ? Also Alex Smith has been told you're done here buddy = Peyton Manning in the city by the bay.:)

Maybe Harbaugh-Peyton will be like this duo and bring back a 6th Super Bowl to my beloved 49ers.

Last edited:

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
Read THIS from the ever entertaining Rick Reilly ..Funny .. However the Lifetime contract proposition from Tennessee is a strong argument ... The more I look at it the more I see Miami out of the question ... NE is consistently too strong year after year while the Dolphins have been hapless for like it seems forever and they just dealt their best receiver....

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing