Record Brushes

Looks like neither will work for me. Real estate on the J. Sikora is very limited. Going to have to do some measuring … maybe we can move the TT forward. It’s only 183lbs o_O

0BFAB7A2-94D1-4A98-A544-3E9108AF0D0D.jpeg60D3E874-8979-4624-81A9-C37BC9F82741.jpeg

Reactions: DasguteOhr
The IME-1 seems well built but may suffer from some design limitations. While exceptionally nice, IMO it may not be for everybody …

Stereo Times

Last edited:
I use the Furutech brush reviewed by Micheal Fremer, to be honest I don't think the Furutech is anything special apart from being over priced. I also use a generic Static-Off brush.

Reactions: Audire
As suggested my Bazelio, how is the Ronxs Lighter working for those of you that use it for static?

593E08F2-38C0-47FF-A4B5-92DA32F64555.jpeg

As suggested my Bazelio, how is the Ronxs Lighter working for those of you that use it for static?

View attachment 87868

I have one of those and a Furutech DeStart III, they both work but the Furutech does a better job. So in this case the Furutech DeStart III is money well spent, but the Furutech SK-III brush is a waste of money.

Interesting. I know someone who sold the $375 Furutech DeStat III after trying the $15 plasma lighter.

I got a Furutech brush for free, but I can't tell the difference between it an a cheap makeup "blush brush".

Interesting. I know someone who sold the $375 Furutech DeStat III after trying the $15 plasma lighter.

I got a Furutech brush for free, but I can't tell the difference between it an a cheap makeup "blush brush".
i've had Tourmaline blowers forever, but don't use them since i know they are good for about 1/2-3/4 of a side max. it's what they do. i spent 6 months playing around and eventually just set it aside. always meant to try it again. just not enough.

i've have a Zerostat too but don't use it.

I like my DeStat II and I will not be selling it.

DeStat III

Plasma lighter

Well that’s a given not to clean near the tonearm, but those are still long feathers. I’m thinking what if a feather releases from the handle, etc. And I have multiple tonearms. The freezer bag makes since though. Thanks.
i also have a lot of tonearms, sometimes even three, the ortofon rmg 309 with spu is not installed at the moment. i have been using swiffer for five years now there has never been a loss of microfibers.20220110_225129.jpg
i gave away all of the brushes, none makes it dry as clean as swiffer

Reactions: Kcin and Audire
I like my DeStat II and I will not be selling it.

DeStat III

Plasma lighter
I also have an Electrostatic Fieldmeter. The readings are so low on the platter at all times, that I don't think it's useful. This is also what we see in that youtube video. The guy in the video also doesn't follow the approach outlined in the WBF thread, which is to hold the lighter 1cm from the record surface while it is spinning and slowly move it from OD to ID to cover most or all of the surface. He holds it stationary from 3 inches. At this point, I just let my ears decide.

I use the DeStat III before I put the record on the platter and use the Plasma lighter while the platter is spinning, yes I know overkill ;)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing