Post a nice pic you have taken

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hi Amir,

The absolute best time is from December to February as the climate is warm during the day and not muggy at night. Late March to July is hot, hot, hot. Think Central Florida during your summer. August to November we get lots of rain.

You really should come over, we're just a four and a half hour direct flight from Tokyo.

Jack

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Thanks Jack. I used to live in Floridan and definitely know what you are saying :). I will have to ping you when the time comes to get guidance on where to go and what to do.

SORAsound

May 14, 2010
these are beautiful pictures....mine are just humble snapshots...
amir, just saw your smugmug pictures....great job.

Dimfer

Member Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Canada

I entered this picture in a monthly contest at one of the aquahobby sites, voted as winner, but I never got the prize :cool: maybe not nice enough for the site admin :D

naturephoto1

May 24, 2010
Breinigsville, PA
www.nelridge.com
Amir had suggested that I post one of my photos in this thread. So, after some thought, I decided to post a larger photo of my Avatar which is also one of my best known, most recognizable and moniker pieces. The photo is copyrighted, so please....

The photo is a 2 hour exposure of Old Faithful Geyser and Star Trails that was taken Between 0100 and 0300 on September 29, 1993. Old Faithful Geyser erupted 2 times and I had to wait for the moon to set. The photo was taken with a Linhof Technika IV 4" X 5" camera and a Rodenstock 90mm f6.8 Grandagon N MC lens (at f8.0) on Kodak Ektachrome 100 Plus Professional Film. I had to underexposed the photo by 2 stops and Push processed the development by 1 stop. The star near the upper right third of the photo is Polaris (North Star) and the arcs are stars as the earth rotated in 2 hours.

Rich

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Great photo Rich. It has been my long time wish to take multi-hour shots with rotating stars but have not had the chance. One of these days....

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
Rich that is an awesome shot! I will never have the expertise to pull off something like that. Kudos to you sir.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
look what they found!

This was in the a/c closet. The workmen were installing a new one.

Attachments

• IMG_0790..jpg
    IMG_0790..jpg
    521.1 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0791..jpg
    IMG_0791..jpg
    522.8 KB · Views: 176

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
This was in the a/c closet. The workmen were installing a new one.
I have got a bunch living in our roof!!! I forgot to plug the screened holes and now I hear the chicks in there. Waiting for them to fly out before plugging it....

soundofvoid

WBF Founding Member
Apr 22, 2010
Athens/Greece
I have been into photography since my university years...For a long time i was divided between pursuing a carrier as a photographer or
being a vet.The second option won just because i understood that making my living as a photographer would require from me to practice
another kind of photography that wasn't to my liking...Kept it as a hobby and i am embarrassed to admit that i still do analog!
During the years i have amassed so much equipment -cameras, lenses, lighting, darkroom-that it would take a fortune to turn into digital without cutting corners...Some day!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'd love to shoot film, but I think at my age the learning curve might be steep :(

markc2

May 12, 2010
TX
3345308-lg..jpg 1302351-Large..jpg

One of my favorite places so far. The Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado.

First Shot Leica R8 90mm, second Shot Hasselblad 501cm, fuji Velvia 100 60mm, scanned in on both using Imacon 343.

Mark

Albertporter

Apr 27, 2010
Dallas, TX
www.albertporterphoto.com
No, its a straight scan from Fuji Velvia 50 (35MM Nikon F5) that had Polarizer plus Coken Xpro (half) variegated ND gray filter. I used a common Epson desk top scanner so some colors are off.

I've considered purchasing a pro scanner for my (10,000?) chromes but since no one will pay a decent price it's something that never happens.

Here from same California shoot for SWA

Attachments

• Taho-boats..jpg
    Taho-boats..jpg
    517.9 KB · Views: 142

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Seeing the shots taken by our resident pros are inspiring indeed. I always figure I had an "eye". These shots make me realize how much more I have to develope that eye. I'm seeing things I have absolutely no idea how to do. Thanks Albert, Mark and Rich. While going pro is definitely not in my cards, Nature photography is perhaps my favorite, next to taking pics of my kids. I hope that someday I get to even half of where you guys are now.

Here's a shot I took a couple of months after I got my first entry level SLR five years ago. I haven't taken one better despite my having supposedly better gear now. Go figure! :)

Albertporter

Apr 27, 2010
Dallas, TX
www.albertporterphoto.com
That's beautiful.

I'm passionate about both trees and animals. That shot displays an unusual combination of energy, beauty and form.

Too many people pass by all the incredible things in front of us in favor of the rubbish on TV. I think before we all got so lazy the old saying "One photograph is worth a thousand words," really meant something.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Here's a photo I found in my collection when I started getting into photography... sunset reflection in the Aegean sea off of Santorini, summer 2002, taken with Nikon 995...
DSCN0265..jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing