Maril555

Jun 26, 2014

Maril555

Jun 26, 2014

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
On the other hand, Stack Audio Auva 100 are getting very positive reviews and are $1,200 for the set of 8

I will be careful about footing your dual FLH type speakers, you might lose the midbass. You might initially think it is clean or something. Just be careful

Reactions: PhP

PhP

Industry Expert
Nov 12, 2012
FRANCE
www.phpaudio.fr
Hello there,
Can someone recommend any footers or spike bases for heavy speakers around 350 kg ? Most products i see in the market seem to have a limitation below 300kg.
Thanks
Hello

The best feet are to my experience HARMONIX TU210 ZXM + RF999a+ base if your room has a thin carpet or wooden floor. If you have concrete hard floor, best is TU-210 ZXM + RF-999Z base.
I tested many feet in ball bearings system for Stillpoint to Cerabase, Jim (discontinued) and none are on par with the Japanese cones. The 2 other solutions are PRANAWIRE DanTien, certainly the best but quite expensive at 9000 USD/set of 4, and the new ALSYVOX O2 feet that will put the famed planars to another level. Introduction in May at MUNICH High end show. ALSYVOX design is proprietary and custom tuned for planars.
KR
PHP

Reactions: French Fred

PhP

Industry Expert
Nov 12, 2012
FRANCE
www.phpaudio.fr
I will be careful about footing your dual FLH type speakers, you might lose the midbass. You might initially think it is clean or something. Just be careful
I agree

Maril555

Jun 26, 2014
Agree
I’m happy with it now
I might try Auva b/w the bass cabinet and the multicell horn

Maril555

Jun 26, 2014

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing