Oh My! MFSL Myles Davis Four & More LP

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
This LP just showed up this week at my door and I took it for a test drive on Friday and Saturday night. I had to hear it again last night to confirm how great I thought it sounded on Friday night and I was correct. This is a live LP that is super-well recorded in my opinion. Great musicians, great jazz, and great sound-what's not to love? Oh, did I mention the vinyl is super quiet? It is. Did I mention this LP has really good dynamic range? It does.

If you love jazz, Myles Davis, live recordings, super-quiet LPs, and MFSL, get your copy while its still available. My copy is a barn burner.

DSC_0029.jpg

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
thanks for the heads up. i used to own the 2-eye vers and couldnt recall the sound, i just heard a few song samples and its quite up-tempo. "so what" is almost staccato compared to the studio vers. (kind of blue). i'll add to the list.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Thanks for the pointer Mark.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Miles looks like he's kinda pondering what to think of those cable elevators though. I think he's in shock! :p

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Having just received and heard this record, I concur....superior pressing, almost as quiet as tape. I like the mix with Miles in the middle of the stage along with sax getting panned in the center after starting towards the right. Excellent live sound quality. Thanks for the heads up.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Having just received and heard this record, I concur....superior pressing, almost as quiet as tape. I like the mix with Miles in the middle of the stage along with sax getting panned in the center after starting towards the right. Excellent live sound quality. Thanks for the heads up.

You're quite welcome Christian. I'm glad you think highly of it too. Two more MoFi jazz LPs showed up at my house this week:

new mofi lps.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing