Newbie to the forum!

thuffman03

Mar 26, 2012
Pittsburgh PA
Hello!

I was turned to your forum by a friend of mine and so far I have really enjoyed what I have read and have learned a lot so today I decided to join.

I have been into audio for a few years now. I got the bug and was hooked on Bob Carver's equipment. I found it is a very good bang for the buck and I have been going down the rabbit hole ever since.

I just recently bought a set of Bob Carver Black Beauty 305 mono block KT120 amps.

http://www.bobcarver.com/vta305.asp

I have them running into a set of Jon Van L speakers. I just got both the speakers and the amps about a month ago and really enjoying the sound they produce. The rest of my equipment is either Carver or Sunfire. Though I did just come across and snag a really nice sounding class A amp from True Image. I don't have much info on them but it seems to be one well built amp.

Tom

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Hello!

I was turned to your forum by a friend of mine and so far I have really enjoyed what I have read and have learned a lot so today I decided to join.

I have been into audio for a few years now. I got the bug and was hooked on Bob Carver's equipment. I found it is a very good bang for the buck and I have been going down the rabbit hole ever since.

I just recently bought a set of Bob Carver Black Beauty 305 mono block KT120 amps.

http://www.bobcarver.com/vta305.asp

I have them running into a set of Jon Van L speakers. I just got both the speakers and the amps about a month ago and really enjoying the sound they produce. The rest of my equipment is either Carver or Sunfire. Though I did just come across and snag a really nice sounding class A amp from True Image. I don't have much info on them but it seems to be one well built amp.

Tom

Hi Tom

welcome to WBF

Great bunch of members here who can help with almost anything

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Welcome to the forum. I too owned a carver. Bought it nearly 30 years ago! Wow. Time flies. Here is a picture of it:

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
Welcome. Had two CuBe's and then the Receiver. Both are with my sons now though the CuBe's are in storage, I believe. The Receiver is in a spare Room still workin. The last time I used a CuBe was when I needed extra oomph for a home demo/trial on a used pair of Thiel 6's. I did like them but didn't bite.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Welcome to the WBF, Tom! Whenever you get a chance, tell us about your Bob Carver Black Beauty 305 mono block KT120 amps. IIRC, they are only one of 12 ever built.

thuffman03

Mar 26, 2012
Pittsburgh PA
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Welcome to the WBF, Tom! Whenever you get a chance, tell us about your Bob Carver Black Beauty 305 mono block KT120 amps. IIRC, they are only one of 12 ever built.

As some of you know, Bob Carver started a new company and is now building hand made, Built in the USA, tube amps. www.bobcarver.com

As Bob was making his new amps he was not sure what colors to use so he started making his 305 mono blocks with a cherry base and black covers over the transformers. He did this on both his 180 watt and 305 watt amps. Then he decided to change the 305's and make them black only. So there are about a dozen sets or so out there that are 305's with the cherry bottoms. He said that he is not going to make the 305's any more with the cherry as he likes the name "Black Beauty".

So I have a bit of a rare set of amps. I like them in all black but I really like them with the hot rod cherry!

Attachments

• Cherry+305[1]..jpg
    Cherry+305[1]..jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 555

thuffman03

Mar 26, 2012
Pittsburgh PA
Looks like I won't have such a rare set of amps. I went out to Carver's web site and it looks like they changed their minds on offering the 305's in only black. Now you can get them in cherry also. Oh well. They are still a great set of amps and I am happy to have a set in my living room!

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Love the cherry red. Welcome to the forum. I've never owned any Carver equipment, but I've been a fan for years.

Tim

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing