New Spectral DMA 350

Hiempie

May 6, 2016
Hi Spectral lovers and again a new monaural power amplifier? Ha, ha, ha ;)
DMA 350(no SV), 400SV and 500SV

1611175387236.png

I hope in near future some other taste then amplifiers?

Greetz Hiempie

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I guess the phono is dead

• Sad
Reactions: Hiempie and dan31

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
Hi Spectral lovers and again a new monaural power amplifier? Ha, ha, ha ;)
DMA 350(no SV), 400SV and 500SV

View attachment 73922

I hope in near future some other taste then amplifiers?

Greetz Hiempie

As much I want the DAC and would love to see an SV Spectral phono (even though I'm not into analog)

I think we need to look at the positives. Especially, for Spectral fans and potential customers outside of the USA.

Where the cost to import is very expensive.

Meaning, an accessible pair of mono blocks in their lineup. Is the 500SV even being offered in Europe? I didn't see it listed on More Music (NL) website.

Spectral now has a 3 tier amplifier lineup. Maybe they saw how successful Magico was in offering 3 different price and performance level (A, S and M)

Current Lineup

DMA-250S3 - "Entry " level Stereo Amp

DMA-280 - "Middle"

DMA-300SV - Flagship Stereo SV technology

DMA- 350 - "Entry" Level Mono Amp (Most likely a 250S3 in a mono config)

DMA - 400SV - Mono SV Amp ( a 300SV in a mono config)

DMA -500SV - Flagship SV Reference - I'm told by the dealer that this performance even surpasses the amazing 500AR.

So, I predict in 2022 we will get the flagship 2 chassis preamp instead of any sources :eek:_O

That way Spectral will have a 3 tier pre-amp lineup to compliment their amps.

You heard from me first :)

• Haha
Reactions: Hiempie and ack

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017
I've always been a big fan of Spectral gear. Years ago I went full in on the Spectral/Avalon/MIT 2C3D.

My only complaint of Spectral over the years is their WEBSITE!!!! Can they hire a college kid to redo it. :D

Reactions: docvale

Hiempie

May 6, 2016
As much I want the DAC and would love to see an SV Spectral phono (even though I'm not into analog)

I think we need to look at the positives. Especially, for Spectral fans and potential customers outside of the USA.

Where the cost to import is very expensive.

Meaning, an accessible pair of mono blocks in their lineup. Is the 500SV even being offered in Europe? I didn't see it listed on More Music (NL) website.

Spectral now has a 3 tier amplifier lineup. Maybe they saw how successful Magico was in offering 3 different price and performance level (A, S and M)

Current Lineup

DMA-250S3 - "Entry " level Stereo Amp

DMA-280 - "Middle"

DMA-300SV - Flagship Stereo SV technology

DMA- 350 - "Entry" Level Mono Amp (Most likely a 250S3 in a mono config)

DMA - 400SV - Mono SV Amp ( a 300SV in a mono config)

DMA -500SV - Flagship SV Reference - I'm told by the dealer that this performance even surpasses the amazing 500AR.

So, I predict in 2022 we will get the flagship 2 chassis preamp instead of any sources :eek:_O

That way Spectral will have a 3 tier pre-amp lineup to compliment their amps.

You heard from me first :)

Hi MPD632,

Here in Holland we now can buy the Specral DMA 500 SV
For the price you also can buy a new Mercedes :)

Greetz

Attachments

• Price list Spectral.pdf
    121.9 KB · Views: 30

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
Hi MPD632,

Here in Holland we now can buy the Specral DMA 500 SV
For the price you also can buy a new Mercedes :)

Greetz

Wow! The cost of importing/taxes/fees all baked into the price.

As much as I love Spectral, I can see it not being a ”value” in the EU compared to the Swiss/German solid state brands (Audionet and Soulution as an example)

Which btw, I noticied that Spectral distributor in Holland carries neither so, Spectral is indeed rare and very expensive in those markets.

Hiempie

May 6, 2016
Wow! The cost of importing/taxes/fees all baked into the price.

As much as I love Spectral, I can see it not being a ”value” in the EU compared to the Swiss/German solid state brands (Audionet and Soulution as an example)

Which btw, I noticied that Spectral distributor in Holland carries neither so, Spectral is indeed rare and very expensive in those markets.

Yes I agree.

Price increase is too high! In 2012 about 9 years ago price was more normal now about 70-120% higher. Salary increas about 20% so Spectral is losing points of sale in Holland now deliverable at two High End audio shops.

I believe the same happens in the US when I read WBAF threads the points of sale is decreasing?

Price audionet Humboldt 42000 euro Soulution 511 32000

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
Yes I agree.

Price increase is too high! In 2012 about 9 years ago price was more normal now about 70-120% higher. Salary increas about 20% so Spectral is losing points of sale in Holland now deliverable at two High End audio shops.

I believe the same happens in the US when I read WBAF threads the points of sale is decreasing?

Price audionet Humboldt 42000 euro Soulution 511 32000

Spectral only has 3 dealers in North America.

The Audionet Humboldt seems to have universal praise from everything I've read (never heard it in person)

Last edited:

Bartolo

Jan 31, 2019
I've always been a big fan of Spectral gear. Years ago I went full in on the Spectral/Avalon/MIT 2C3D.

My only complaint of Spectral over the years is their WEBSITE!!!! Can they hire a college kid to redo it. :D
I'd never visited the website until very recently. It's set up exactly like Goodwin's site was for many years. Someone copied someone . . . too many layout similarities. It's vintage 1998 layout.

roundhead

Oct 31, 2018
I pointed out to the German dealer that it would be cheaper for me to fly to New York and buy a Spectral CD player at less than half price compared to their price in Euros and save myself the equivalent of $20,000. I got no reply. It’s just greed, pure and simple. Sitting on your backside, filling out some import and VAT paperwork, somehow to my mind doesn’t seem to justify the extra $20,000 to buy from Europe. Spectral are losing clients in Europe.

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
Agree on Spectral export market pricing. Look at the Denon Anniversary DCD-A110 CD/SACD player for $3.5K.

Last edited:

Hiempie

May 6, 2016
I pointed out to the German dealer that it would be cheaper for me to fly to New York and buy a Spectral CD player at less than half price compared to their price in Euros and save myself the equivalent of $20,000. I got no reply. It’s just greed, pure and simple. Sitting on your backside, filling out some import and VAT paperwork, somehow to my mind doesn’t seem to justify the extra $20,000 to buy from Europe. Spectral are losing clients in Europe.
Hi Bruswood,

I agree with you prices are sky high for Spectral and MIT. A friend of mine uses Pass Labs amps and these prices are not like Spectral. If you buy an US Spectral 4000 SDR cd player you have to change the voltage internaly by yourself it's a kind tricky! Good luck in finding a new CD player. I prefer second hand about one or two years old for half of the price:)

Greetz

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
For those outside the US Spectral isn’ t a value compared to some of the comparable electronics From Germany and Switzerland.

Audionet, Soulution, CH , FM, Dartzeel to name a few.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing