Spectral DMA 300 RS/SV

The Knife

Nov 13, 2020
Stockholm, Sweden
The 200S was introduced about 13 years ago and the 260 one year later. The 260 was about 50% higher priced.
Sound is good last year I improved from 260 to 300RS but you have to pay more then double. Yes the sound is much better.
Price of new products are crazy high here in Holland :(

Kind regards
Hi Hiempie,

Thanks.
Yes. I know. The prices on new gear in Europe is an issue.
So the 300RS is a clear upgrade from the 260 who is a clear upgrade from the 200S.
What about the 260S?
Italy seem to be a destination with a lot of 2nd hand Spectral gear, maybe because one significant retailer in Italy have provided the Italian market with Spectral.
There are currently two pairs of 360S mono blocks on sale in the UK (via Hifishark). Should one consider these mono blocks perhaps?

KR

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
Ensure any used Spectral is suited to the power as supplied in your country. I believe Spectral adjusted power supply as required for each market. 240v, 220v, 120 v, etc. depending on the year of manufacture these rating may have been adjusted. Older UK products may not be rated for current EU requirements. I think we have a few posts on this in the WBF Spectral forum.

Reactions: The Knife

Hiempie

May 6, 2016
Hi Hiempie,

Thanks.
Yes. I know. The prices on new gear in Europe is an issue.
So the 300RS is a clear upgrade from the 260 who is a clear upgrade from the 200S.
What about the 260S?
Italy seem to be a destination with a lot of 2nd hand Spectral gear, maybe because one significant retailer in Italy have provided the Italian market with Spectral.
There are currently two pairs of 360S mono blocks on sale in the UK (via Hifishark). Should one consider these mono blocks perhaps?

KR

Hi Knife,

Spectral website:
1645041338039.png

Here you can see the long list from old to newer amps.
My 260 had a 360 motherboard :)

A mono amp needs two powercords but can be nice. And when necessery it delivers more power, question is do you need that power?

If you don't need it I would go for a 280 recently on Hifishark in Holland for 8950 euro newer technology and sound wil be much better then 360.

Also important to know older models have a hum because the transformer is not so good at higher volts in Holland somtime around 240 volt the 260 is 220 volt and somtimes the hum is a problem depents on amp :(

I also know there are people in Italy who import Spectral amps......

Kind regards

Reactions: The Knife

The Knife

Nov 13, 2020
Stockholm, Sweden
Thank you for the input Hiempie,

I will for sure keep my eyes open, and monitor the Spectral 2nd hand market.
I heard the 200s the other day and was totally blown away by its performance although more then a decade old.
I can just imagine what sonic heights the newer amps can reach. I´ve understood Spectral is excellent for Electrostats given their enormous Ampere ability.

Right now I have another transaction coming up tomorrow that will transform my system and push boundaries, that is more on the digital processing side so to say :).

The Knife

Nov 13, 2020
Stockholm, Sweden
Ensure any used Spectral is suited to the power as supplied in your country. I believe Spectral adjusted power supply as required for each market. 240v, 220v, 120 v, etc. depending on the year of manufacture these rating may have been adjusted. Older UK products may not be rated for current EU requirements. I think we have a few posts on this in the WBF Spectral forum.
Thanks Dan31. I will slowly start to read up on Spectral.

Hiempie

May 6, 2016
Bedankt voor de input Hiempie,

Ik zal zeker mijn ogen open houden, en de Spectral 2e hands markt in de gaten houden.
Ik hoorde onlangs de 200s en was helemaal weggeblazen door de uitvoering, hoewel meer dan een decennium oud.
Ik kan me voorstellen wat voor sonische hoogte de nieuwere versterkers kunnen bereiken. Ik heb begrepen dat Spectral uitstekend geschikt is voor elektrostaten, gezien hun enorme ampèrevermogen.

Op dit moment heb ik morgen nog een transactie die mijn systeem zal transformeren en grenzen zal verleggen, dat is meer aan de kant van de digitale verwerking om zo te zeggen :).
Enjoy your new purchase

Hiempie

May 6, 2016
Zorg ervoor dat elke gebruikte Spectral geschikt is voor het vermogen zoals geleverd in uw land. Ik geloof dat Spectral de voeding heeft aangepast zoals vereist voor elke markt. 240v, 220v, 120 v, etc. afhankelijk van het bouwjaar kunnen deze classificaties zijn aangepast. Oudere Britse producten voldoen mogelijk niet aan de huidige EU-vereisten. Ik denk dat we hier een paar berichten over hebben op het WBF Spectral-forum.
de meeste oudere Spectral versterkers zijn 100, 120 of 220v nieuwere modellen (SV) 230 soms 240v. Het is moeilijk om de spanning DIY te veranderen. Er zijn een aantal threads hier op WBAF hoe te doen, maar naar mijn mening is het lastig, speciaal voor dure versterkers.

Reactions: dan31

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing