New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

I agree he’s just too big and too good. Watching him play is something as he lumbers up and down the court like he’s outbif has only to shoot a long three or to pass the ball to Gordon under the net for a slam. His presence alone is a threat. Where is that swarm the Wolves had
I was thinking after the first 2 losses, that Aaron can 't be that bad. He's the 3rd scorer, maybe including Porter. And the big change is of course Malone's adjustment. He saw the swarm and he knew he should combat that swarm.

Even though the Wolves might end up in the short side if this series there is definitely a new wave in both conferences as the new kids on the block

I was simply amazed at the Pacers win today. Yet watching each series and how hit a team can be in a game or two only to suffer a bud defeat the next.

Knicks are a different team at home

Reactions: jadis
Pacers looked great as they looked more locked in. I suppose it is a lot easier to be where you are supposed to be when THE disruptor of the Knicks, OG is out. The bright side for the Knicks is that the remaining key players were finally able to sit out an entire quarter. I think they will have a lot more energy when they get back home. This might go 7 games.

Murray is a Ninja. Remember his friction burned hand a couple of seasons ago? This guy can play through pain like no other.

Pacers looked great as they looked more locked in. I suppose it is a lot easier to be where you are supposed to be when THE disruptor of the Knicks, OG is out. The bright side for the Knicks is that the remaining key players were finally able to sit out an entire quarter. I think they will have a lot more energy when they get back home. This might go 7 games.

Murray is a Ninja. Remember his friction burned hand a couple of seasons ago? This guy can play through pain like no other.
Ninjas are rare nowadays Jack. Brunson can be one too. Opposite of these are the Divas, as I heard Stephen A coined it. Load management galore. I was once asked where is the Isiah Thomas types who played with a horrible sprained in the late 80s Final. Only a title was in his mind then.

7 game series will always highlight the coaches brilliance in adjusting. Boston was down 1-2 in the 84 finals and were just slaughtered by the Lakers in game 3 which could have pointed that the Lakers wouldn't lose again. But KC Jones had other thoughts, MCHALE pioneered the clothesline, and kids Celtics shifted gears with DJ hounding Magic the whole game 4 that went into OT and the Celtics tied it on the road with ML CARR receiving a beer facial (literally term) at the tunnel for taunting a Lakers fan. LOL

At the end of game 7, Riley admitted they lost a gang war. :D

I agree he’s just too big and too good. Watching him play is something as he lumbers up and down the court like he’s out of gas only to shoot a long three or to pass the ball to Gordon under the net for a slam. His presence alone is a threat. Where is that swarm the Wolves had
I haven't watched either of the last two games unfortunately.

Highlights of Game 3, Aaron Gordon came up lots. Even burying threes.
Listening to part of today's game, he was something like 9 for 9 part way through the 4th quarter.
Certainly a factor in the two wins.

Even though the Wolves might end up in the short side if this series there is definitely a new wave in both conferences as the new kids on the block

I was simply amazed at the Pacers win today. Yet watching each series and how hit a team can be in a game or two only to suffer a bud defeat the next.

Knicks are a different team at home
It is truly amazing how momentum is illusory at this level of play. Could anyone watch the first two games of the Nuggets/T'Wolves and think Denver had any chance against the obviously faster, more athletic, better T'Wolves? And then this weekend happened and now it's the best of 3. It's the same with my Knicks: anyone who watched yesterday must conclude that the Knicks are done, out of gas, spent after so many injuries reduced them to scrubs. And now it's also down to best of 3. The big picture is that these have been great playoff series for the NBA fans. I am grateful.

The only predictable thing right now is the unpredictability of the coming games. The Stephen A and Barkley types better hose their mouths. Lol

Anyone guessed Dallas would be in the Finals?

Reactions: Steve Williams
Knicks are far from done but I do hate to see injuries affect any outcome.'

By the same token people are now saying the Wolves are done and IMO they needed one at home to feel secure.Going back to Denver they have to win one again on the road. This time I'm not so sure but if they do, anything is possible. However the past two games, and especially that of yesterday, the Nuggets looked as if they had super powers. That three from Murray to end the half was better than some of there greatest buzzer beaters I have ever seen. Plus the last 9 seconds of that game once again cost the Wolves the game on 2 quick turnovers that turned into 5 point by the Nuggets

As for Vegas odds, I don't believe them. Over the weekend , to my eyes,, Denever remains the favorite but these series have been so entertaining that anything is possible

The Thunder to my eyes have yet to play the way I am used to seeing them whereas the Mavs know what they have to do and have risen to the occasion. That leaves Cavs and Celtics. If Cavs win tonight, again it is a best of 3. If the Mavs win tonight Vegas odds will hiccup.

All in all there is a clear change inn power in there league and to my eyes, I find this refreshing

Reactions: christoph and jadis
when I was
Oh Vegas oh Vegas, why do you keep picking the Celtics to win it all?

When I was still in active practice as an Ob/GYN , I always told my OB patients that I never bet on any outcome. I would always say, "The only certainty is the uncertainty"

Both games tonight will also be very good.

yesterday however the game that had me gassed was the Pacers who had the win after the first period but again the Pacers need to win one on the road and the Knicks play so much Etter at MSG

• Wow
There are times when Perk and I agree. I thought Gobert was a liability in the last 2 games. The swarm disappeared when Gobert was back in there games. I thought he committed dumb fouls under the offensive basket taking away valuable points as well as four at the other end, sending the Nuggets to the FT line.

Good game by the Celtics in Cleveland where they defeated the Cavs without their star Donovan Mitchell. Cavs were in the game until the final few minutes when they slowly pulled away for the win it’s always easy to speculate but without Mitchell the Cavs were very compeitive but again I hate to see injuries be a factor in the out come of a series

Final Celtics 109-102

The first thing I saw was the native boy screaming CLEVELAND.
NO LOVE LOST between him and Boston.

My respect for Shaq had been iffy, he just turned the wrong way big time by rubbing Jokic face to face. SLA over Jokic ??? You gotta vote Ant man first. :D

• Wow
Reactions: Steve Williams
Amazing game at Dallas where I thought for sure they were going to go up 3-1 until the final minute when OKC took the lead. Dinis had a chance to tie the game with 10 seconds until the game but he missed one of two as OKC lead 96-95

OKC iszquickly fouled and Holmgren makes both with no timeouts left for Dallas

Dallas is fouled with 3.2 seconds and Dallas misses the first free throw Makes the 2nd to make it 98-96 with 3.2 seconds Dallas runs out of clock and lost the game they had in the refrigerator They lost the game at the FT line.

SGA was the hero and iced the game

Final 100-96

Series tied at 2-2

• Wow
My respect for Shaq had been iffy, he just turned the wrong way big time by rubbing Jokic face to face. SLA over Jokic ??? You gotta vote Ant man first. :D

My turn to correct you. You meant SGA ;)

• Haha

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing