New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Watching OKC vs Mavs and tied at 23 after first period No matter how good OKC is that they finished first I just can’t see the Thunder beating either Denver or Wolves in a seven game series
What if, what if, what if...
...OKC can be the first team that can compete in the Finals, with their enthusiasm and skill beating experience and skill?

Reactions: christoph
Watching the Knicks take care of the Pacers the past two games has been a bit like watching my kids learn life-lessons: painful, but necessary. The Pacers have to learn how to deal with adversity better, and Haliburton in particular has to learn how to respond more effectively when his innate talents aren't clicking. I also expected more from Siakam. Myles Turner has had occasional flashes, but he looks a bit lost, as if he's not sure what his role is.
I think Rick Carlisle knew exactly what he was doing when he got ejected, but it's going to take more than symbolism. Playing at home will help, but if they don't win here it'll be tough to regain confidence without more roster changes.

His claim to fame is the half court heave that went in in Game 1. Previously I would have thought he's hack a Shaq candidate but he's making the free throws too.
I saw that buzzer beater. Bottom line for me is that the entire Knicks team are juiced and playing so well as a team. When Brunson went down DiVincenzo and Og stopped up. Og went out with a hamstring so I wonder if he will be bak for next game....but other than Brunson who wa scoring from everywhere on a bad foot it was Josh Hart that seemed to be the complete player. Another Lakers castoff. It was also really good to see the support of the fans in NY. They've waited a long time to get to this and with the Pacers reviving and old rivalry it was very entertaining.'

Not sure if Haliburton was still bothered by his back but even though he score points last night he is failing dismally as the team leader IMHO

Reactions: christoph and jadis
I do wonder if Tibs' short rotation can survive a hard fought series. Or the next.
But then the 'next man up' mentality has worked for Miami, so maybe for New York as well.
That is a interesting observation because I have followed all 4 series and the way I see it (sorry Phil) the only team in the EC which can match up against the Wolves (and the Nuggets)nis the Knicks. These 2 teams if it comes about will truly designate that there has been a changing of the guard and TBH I think it would be an even more exiting series than would the Celtics vs Wolves

Reactions: jadis
What if, what if, what if...
...OKC can be the first team that can compete in the Finals, with their enthusiasm and skill beating experience and skill?
That is something I thought of in game 1 against Dallas. I found it to be the lest interesting of all 4 games even though the Thunder finished in the one Slot in the WC . I kept asking myself the same question and wondering fit the Thunder was making it so easy with skill and finesse that the Mavs simply had no answer . Thunder are also one of my Cinderella teams. I like the team as a whole but I am not so sure they can pay that banging offense played by the Wolves and the Knicks. Holmgren is a gentle giant who makes threes withers but I call him the "toothpick" as IMO as a big center he need to be working in the gym all summer to bulk up as I can't see him up against the bigs of the Wolves or even the Knicks......so if they win it, it is going to have to be with their speed and finesse

just in case anyone is interested.........

2023-24 NBA Awards: Finalists, winners & announcement dates

Nikola Jokic wins the award for the 3rd time in 4 seasons, while Shai Gilgeous-Alexander finishes 2nd and Luka Doncic 3rd

I have never heard of The Social Justice Champion Award and it is yet TBD. Still not knowing what is is I was shocked to see The Snarl (Westbrook) as a candidate. It must be a new award devised by the great commish in his stand for wokism. Im sure under his watch it won't be long before we see the first woman player in the NBA. We have plenty of women NBA refs now so why not. Im sure if there is money to be mede in it, good old Adam Silver will be all over it. I remain absolutely amazed that Mike Malone was not ejected in game 2 for not only coming onto the floor but going head to head with the lead ref who amazingly was also going head to head with Malone. Truly the refs in the NBA now are so numerous that I find they just cannot keep up with the fast pace of every game and either are missing the calls or completely blowing the call. That call for double dribble at the end of the game by the Knicks was simply mind boggling . The ball was turned over tothe Pacers until the lead ref (same guy who went head to head with Malone) blew his whistle to stop the play and gave the ball back to the Knicks with there being a coaches challenge. It was symbolic that Carlisle was ejected but the same ref let an even more egregious outburst by Malone go unpunished

I'm worried about the Celtics Phil

At home they look ordinary as if they are going through the paces and it's just another game. This is not time to be complacent. To me they are lacking the killer instinct which defines them as champions.

Cleveland is a quiet but very good team and at end of the 3rd Boston is down by 12 ....90-78 Cavs.

Im not seeing anything tonight that shows they are the team to beat in the EC.

• Wow
I suppose there are coaches and then there ARE coaches in the NBA

Vogel has never impressed me as anything but ordinary and it was only a matter of time before the Suns extricated themselves . At the start of the season with 3 super stars he never found a way to make it work. KD to me this year seemed as if he was just going through the motions as if he's had enough of where he is

SUNS PART WAYS WITH COACH FRANK VOGEL

In his 1 season in Phoenix, Vogel guided the Suns to a No. 6 seed before a first-round elimination in the playoffs.

I'm worried about the Celtics Phil

At home they look ordinary as if they are going through the paces and it's just another game. This is not time to be complacent. To me they are lacking the killer instinct which defines them as champions.

Cleveland is a quiet but very good team and at end of the 3rd Boston is down by 12 ....90-78 Cavs.

Im not seeing anything tonight that shows they are the team to beat in the EC.
I've not seen a come from behind win by the Celtics.

I've not seen a come from behind win by the Celtics.
They aren’t typically behind. This is truly a boring game.

Celtics have blown a few games this playoffs that reveals their weaknesses. They just don’t seem to have a killer instinct.

They aren’t typically behind. This is truly a boring game.

Celtics have blown a few games this playoffs that reveals their weaknesses. They just don’t seem to have a killer instinct.
I've said it before, it's because they live mostly on the success of the outside shots. White scored 30 something, but today it horrible shooting night.

I've said it before, it's because they live mostly on the success of the outside shots. White scored 30 something, but today it horrible shooting night.
I think you're correct. The type of game they are playing is sub par and not one which will win championships. The crowd has been completely taken out of the game

Series tied as the Cavs show they are here to play. Celtics from the stat were firing on only 4 cylinders. Cab=vs have exposed a lot of their weaknesses

This doesn't spell the end for the Celtics but you can be sure the remaining teams are taking notice. I have said so many times, that it is the Celtics to lose

Final score Cavs 118-94

Series tied as the Cavs show they are here to play. Celtics from the stat were firing on only 4 cylinders. Cab=vs have exposed a lot of their weaknesses

This doesn't spell the end for the Celtics but you can be sure the remaining teams are taking notice. I have said so many times, that it is the Celtics to lose

Final score Cavs 118-94
True Steve but nobody is expecting sweeps, only Barkley and Stephen A does those. Nuggets should win at least one, imo. :d

Incredibly, that night the Wolves got a 2-0 road win, Vegas STILL favored the C's to WIN it ALl. :eek:
From past track records, the C's never won a series when they were favored. I think they take it as a jinx. :D

I hope you're right Phil as the Knicks and Pacers are hungry and Cleveland is no slouch either when Mitchell is on his game.

The regular season is over. The only thing that matters now is that the playoffs still have to go through Boston and once again "it's theirs to lose"

So far at OKC, I see the Thunder playing the same type of game as the Celtics did tonight. Very uninspiring as Dallas breaks out to an early 10 point lead.

I learned something tonight that I did not know...SGA started with the Clippers sitting the bench until he was traded to the Thunder

Where wss Ballmer in that decision? I'd take SGA over Kawhi any day of the week.

Maybe the Thunder look ordinary as it is just all too easy against the Mavs. Holmgren makes an amazing catch on an inbound pass and nails a buzzer beater to end the first trailing now only 36-33

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing