New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Jack is only 1 win away from a split. The trust is on coach Carlisle. He's got guards to neutralize the trio of Knicks guards.

Reactions: Steve Williams
And once again, I'm so happy to see KAT doing what he is capable of doing for a pure center, considering he was even maligned by his own ex team mate who bolted to another team.
What happened there?

To note that Tom Thibodeau was the former coach of the Wolves then, for 3 years, with KAT, Wiggins and Butler.

Reactions: christoph
Shockingly, Jamaal Murray throws a heat pack into the court during a play of almost an end of a play. :eek:

Last edited:
Coach Finch credits Rudy Gobert for installing a defensive culture on the Wolves. He's proving to be worth every players and every future draft picks the Wolves gave up for him, a 3 time DPOY. I never imagined the Wolves to be this tough as I honestly have not seen them very much during the season.

Reactions: jadis
Shockingly, Jamaal Murray throws a heat pack into the court during a play of almost an end of a play. :eek:
I guess out of frustration?

Will that have consequences?

I guess out of frustration?

Will that have consequences?
Bottom line is the Wolves shut Murray down. He became a desperation player as did Jokic. It wa probably the best played game Ive seen against Denver since the Nuggets became the tour de force in the league. They simply had no answer against the Wolves until strangely enough they brought in their bench who closed the margin slightly until the Wolves once again easily pulled away from the Nuggets to solidify their win

Reactions: christoph and jadis
  • Angry
I have one last comment about the Knicks -Pacers game and I know there are fans here of both teams. As I saw it the Pacers were robbed of the win by a clear flop by DiVincenzo as Pacers had the ball on the last play of the game with under 10nseconds. The challenge was unsuccessful and Brunson shot and made 2 free throws and the rest was history.

I also thought the refs made a poor call when Brunson made an abios foul on one of the pacers shooting outside the arc.The play was challenged by the Pacers and it was unsuccessful even though Brunson made obvious contact but the refs said Brunson was sideways when he made contact hence no foul. Even the TV announcers were outraged by the call.

Those 2 poor calls IMO cost the Pacers the game. To me the Pacers showed up and are an exciting team to watch and had as much as a 9 point lead which IIRC was the larest lead of the game by any team .

Brunson is a an amazing player who continues to remind me of Steph in his glory years. Knicks are a much stronger team than the Pacers but the Pacers proved that even if they lose they are going to play their hearts out but it was the other "Hart"....Josh (exLaker) who put the dagger in the Pacers hearts. A very close game that I felt the Pacers should have won had it not been for those the flop that cost them the ball on their last possession and the missed 3 point foul committed by Brunson
What also amazed me in both games was the number of challenges made by both coaches because all previous challenges were successful. Bottom line is the refs missed so many calls . The game has become so fast that the refs are themselves unable to keep up with the game

Finally I was shocked that Malone wasn't ejected early in the game when he left the sideline , went onto the court and jawed face to face with the ref who BTW, retaliated by jawing back. Ive just never seen thsuch a tirade where the coach didn't get tossed.. Ask see it the pace of the game and quality of the game has gotten so much better. It's the refs who IMO have not improved. To have over 6 calls successfully overturned in a game tells me the refs are off their game o_O

I was stunned to see the Denver crowd making a very early exit with6 minutes lefdt in the game and those that were there at the end were heard chanting "Wolves in 4, Wolves in 4"

I just cannot see the Nuggets winning 4 games and playing at the pace the Wolves did as the only lead Denver had in the game was on the opening play and slam by Gordon who made it 2-0. They never saw what was about to hit them. I watched the Nuggets systematically play their game and destroy the the Lakers and I felt no one could go head to head with them but did feel the Wolves series would be the best of the entire finals as I felt the Wolves would make it a contest but never did I think a blowout such as the last 2 games would ever occur, especially at home. The wolves weren't the ones gasping for air but rather the Nuggets

What a great game and Gobert will be back for the next one. They didn't miss him with Naz Reid who smothered Jokic and was making 3's over Jokic head whereas that wa what Jokic does best

My own barometer. Halliburton scored 6 points in 36 min . Took 6 shots. I'm waiting for him to score a lot lot more if they want to win.

I have one last comment about the Knicks -Pacers game and I know there are fans here of both teams. As I saw it the Pacers were robbed of the win by a clear flop by DiVincenzo as Pacers had the ball on the last play of the game with under 10 seconds. The challenge was unsuccessful and Brunson shot and made 2 free throws and the rest was history.

I also thought the refs made a poor call when Brunson made an abios foul on one of the pacers shooting outside the arc.The play was challenged by the Pacers and it was unsuccessful even though Brunson made obvious contact but the refs said Brunson was sideways when he made contact hence no foul. Even the TV announcers were outraged by the call.

Those 2 poor calls IMO cost the Pacers the game. To me the Pacers showed up and are an exciting team to watch and had as much as a 9 point lead which IIRC was the larest lead of the game by any team .

Brunson is a an amazing player who continues to remind me of Steph in his glory years. Knicks are a much stronger team than the Pacers but the Pacers proved that even if they lose they are going to play their hearts out but it was the other "Hart"....Josh (exLaker) who put the dagger in the Pacers hearts. A very close game that I felt the Pacers should have won had it not been for those the flop that cost them the ball on their last possession and the missed 3 point foul committed by Brunson
What also amazed me in both games was the number of challenges made by both coaches because all previous challenges were successful. Bottom line is the refs missed so many calls . The game has become so fast that the refs are themselves unable to keep up with the game

Finally I was shocked that Malone wasn't ejected early in the game when he left the sideline , went onto the court and jawed face to face with the ref who BTW, retaliated by jawing back. Ive just never seen thsuch a tirade where the coach didn't get tossed.. Ask see it the pace of the game and quality of the game has gotten so much better. It's the refs who IMO have not improved. To have over 6 calls successfully overturned in a game tells me the refs are off their game o_O
Totally agree Steve .

Plus The Nesmith kickball call which is not reviewable . Windhorst reported that the refs admitted the mistake .

Well here is the first lob ......and it comes fromSir Charles. Even the crowd last night was chanting"Wolves in 4"

Inside the NBA: Charles Barkley believes Timberwolves will sweep Nuggets

After the Wolves dominated Denver in Game 2, Charles Barkley says the series is 'a wrap' and Minnesota will sweep it.

• Wow
Reactions: jadis
Well here is the first lob ......and it comes fromSir Charles. Even the crowd last night was chanting"Wolves in 4"

Inside the NBA: Charles Barkley believes Timberwolves will sweep Nuggets

After the Wolves dominated Denver in Game 2, Charles Barkley says the series is 'a wrap' and Minnesota will sweep it.

Let's wait and see if the Nuggs coaches are able to react and adjust for game 3.

• Wow
Let's wait and see if the Nuggs coaches are able to react and adjust for game 3.
It's tough for me to wrap my head around a Wolves sweep when 2 weeks ago I was espousing that no one can beat the Nuggs and no one can guard Jokic. These last two games however produce strong evidence against my statements. Wolves have to win4 games against the Wolves who have the best defense in the league and play was a pace that is nothing short of warp speed

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing