New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

It’s always good to save the best for last and IMO the OKC-Pels game was the best game of this 8 game weekend Two young and very fast and talented teams. So evenly matched with so many ties and lead changes. With 3 minutes left Pels tie it at 88 and go ahead 90-88 making it a one possession game with 2:39 left. Both teams the commit stupid turnovers and a missed slam dunk Game tied at 90 with under a minute. SGA scores and is fouled with 32 seconds left making it 93-90 OKC McCollum makes it 93-92 Holmgren makes 1 of 2 FT’s with 14 secs left Final play in regulation and Oels miss the shot.
Great game. Wonder what if …if Zion was playing

Reactions: christoph and jadis
It’s always good to save the best for last and IMO the OKC-Pels game was the best game of this 8 game weekend Two young and very fast and talented teams. So evenly matched with so many ties and lead changes. With 3 minutes left Pels tie it at 88 and go ahead 90-88 making it a one possession game with 2:39 left. Both teams the commit stupid turnovers and a missed slam dunk Game tied at 90 with under a minute. SGA scores and is fouled with 32 seconds left making it 93-90 OKC McCollum makes it 93-92 Holmgren makes 1 of 2 FT’s with 14 secs left Final play in regulation and Oels miss the shot.
Great game. Wonder what if …if Zion was playing
Definitely Pelicans will win because Zion will score at least 3 points. :D

I hate to say it but the Bucks are running the Pacers out of the arena as they lead 44-23 midway through the 2nd period. Lillard has been a big factor with the accuracy of his shots. Pacers are missing everything they throw up. I must admit, I expected more from the Pacers :confused:
Well, maybe the Bucks management is laughing at the critics of the Doc hiring. LOL.

Middleton helped a lot and he's my favorite Buck.

It's just my observation that when Halliburton came back from injury he not been the same explosive top scorer. He took only 7 shots for 9 points.

Last edited:
Interesting stat, Lillard scored 35 points in the first half and 0 in the second. Wow.

Interesting stat, Lillard scored 35 points in the first half and 0 in the second. Wow.
The game was so out of reach that it really din't matter. It was over at the half

Terrific game again at New York with several lead changes but in the final minute ySixers turn the ball over twice and overcome a 5 point deficit and take a one point point lead with 13 seconds left In the game. Maxey drive the basket to either draw the foul or score only to have the shot blocked

Final 104-101

What an absolutely gutsy win by the Knicks as they score 8 straight points in 27 seconds and take a 2 game lead going back to Philadelphia

Knicks are for real

End of half as the lakers are playing really good and D’Lo hits 6 treys in the half. as Lakers take a 15 point lead

in spite of this I feel Denver is still playing at half speed as they are also playing well. The difference so far is D’Lo but Jokic is just a joy to watch play the game. and the second half is always when Lakers squander their big leads

Lakers have not beaten Denver since 2022 and are 0-9 since

As always Lakers carry a 20 point lead into the 3rd period and then imploded as they always do in the second half. as they miss everything and Denver gets hot. I’m so tired of this repetitive crappy second half play by the Lakers as Denver’s comes to within 2 until LeBron sinks back to back 3’s Again Lakers go cold in the final few minutes. Blame it on the altitude is always the excuse but in the end it was all Jokic Game tied at 95 with 1:15 as Lakers are gassed and Porter Jr sinks his 6th trey. Game tied at 99 with Murray making a basket at the buzzer to go up 2-0
Final 101-99 as Lakers cannot believe it.
Denver is about as good as any team I’ve seen. They are going to sweep as they are 20-0 against Lakers

Altitude is the 6 th player

Murray is Mr Clutch! I'd get him for the $300m of the Celtics. Imagine that last shot over 7 footer Davis. Once he say the switch, he knew what to do for the game winner. I was hoping he didn't get some contusion from his team mates who piled up on him after that shot. Lol

Reactions: christoph
Lakers did everything right but Denver is just too good If it’s a Celtics Nuggs final Celtics will need to hold home court or …………
Imo, it's got to a lot more than home court. Gritty pressure plays are what champion teams do. Without that, Celtics can have a 5 game home stand but lose a 7 game series. The age old factor of clutch points in basketball is very pertinent lately. My main worry is the Celtics don't have a clutch man in its 15 man roster. Denver has 2 easily. I called such players the Money Man.

Last edited:
Imo, it's got to a lot more than home court. Gritty pressure plays are what champion teams do. Without that, Celtics can have a 5 game home stand but lose a 7 game series. The age old factor of clutch points in basketball is very pertinent lately. My main worry is the Celtics don't have a clutch man in its 15 man roster. Denver has 2 easily. I called such players the Money Man.
You're absolutely correct Phil. Both games last night ended in buzzer beaters. The Knicks proved to me they are for real when in 27 seconds they scored 8 points the last at the buzzer to go up 2-0 on the Sixers and the Sixers eve though they finished 7th are damn good with Embiid back

I watched the Lakers game with my wife and when they were up 20. I said to her that the Lakers always collapse in the 3rd. She looked at me and said you're always so pessimistic. I said that the Nuggets are just too good and it was as if they let the Lakers do what the want in the first half ad then they slowly took control. They came to within 2 and Lakers then opened a 10 point lead in the 4th. my wife said, "do you still think they'll lose and I said yes. The entire Nuggets team are clutch shooters, Their starting 5 IMO are the best in the league and Jokic is truly one of the greatest players I have ever seen in the league. Put that together with the altitude and they let the Lakers expend every bit of energy they had to take that 20 point lead. Russell was hot with 7 3's but Porter Jr nailed 6 and Murray put the nail in their coffin

Lakers are the only team who are 0-10 against the Nuggets and haven't won a game since 2022.

Lakers will be lucky to win one win LA

Having said all of this the Knicks proved last night that they are in it to win it and that finish in the last 27 seconds was remarkable. If it comes to a Knicks -Celtics EC final that will be a true test for both teams

LeBron who is far from someone I love, played his heart out as did AD. Both scored their points while the Nuggs shut down the other 3 (although Russell had a great first half). Bottom line is the altitude is clearly a factor and I think they know it as LeBron and AD were out of gas in the 4th.

As for LeBron and going fishing it's time for him to think of retiring as the idea of another ring is somewhat delusional nd it prevents the Lakers from rebuilding

Finally when the Lakers had their last chance to win the game with 10 seconds left and with James carrying the all, I thought he made a dumb error by throwing up an errant 3 point attempt other than driving the basket to score or draw the foul. That was when I said to my wife, that Denver is going to win and the shot at the buzzer was like. a dagger in their hearts

The clue was at the start of the game I noticed the Nuggs were sporting their 5280 jerseys which for me was foreshadowing of what was to come

Reactions: jadis
I've been hearing and reading a lot about how Maxey got robbed because of missed call on Brunson grabbing his jersey on in-bound play at end of game... yes, it's true the refs missed that. It is also true that the refs missed the glaring push off that Maxey did on Hart before Brunson's grab as Maxey used that push off to change direction. Here's the deal from my perspective: Knicks came to play 48 minutes and Sixers came to play 47. For those who don't know, the NBA game is a full 48 minutes. Knicks are up 2-0 and will take Sixers in 5 IMHO.

I thought the refs blew a call in Lakers game which was under review and they made some dumb comment that there was negligible contact Hence the call was overturned against the Lakers. To me there is either contact or there isn’t. When did the word negligible enter into foul calls

Reactions: jadis
I still can’t figure out the Suns. I feel their star has risen and set after they made their appearance in 2021 as the WC champion

since then they have fired a coach and traded many of the players that made that team the WC champs

After ten consecutive seasons without a playoff berth, the Suns reached the 2021 NBA Finals after acquiring Chris Paul, who formed a quartet with their young core of Devin Booker, Deandre Ayton and Mikal Bridges.

now they have 3 superstars and to my eyes they are good from far but far from good.

Tonight they took an early lead but was overcome by a much better and stronger Wolves team.

the Wolves over the last 3 years have steadily melded as a team and they are also for real.

Frank Vogel is less than an inspiring coach. He coached the same with the Lakers

Final. Wolves go up 2-0 with ease

105-93

• Wow
"FWIW in the 12 games played so far the home team is 12-0"

Well, the Pacers wrecked that last night.
You were right a few months ago, Steve, when you said the Pacers are a year away, but their youth and fearlessness are causing everyone problems already. Last night they made the Bucks look old and tired. Dame still shot like Dame and others had their moments, but it was clear that without Giannis they have to get uncontested looks and everything needs to drop if they're to stay in it. The Pacers were able to get back to their fast game on Tuesday, and while Haliburton didn't have many points he did what he does best, and that's being a point guard and quarterbacking the game.
Carlisle is a great coach. He knows how to balance the X's and O's with old-fashioned motivation. He's the perfect coach to shepherd the group of guys he has. Our seats are right behind the Pacers' bench, and it's easy to see (and hear!) how he gets everyone's attention and respect.

You were right a few months ago, Steve, when you said the Pacers are a year away, but their youth and fearlessness are causing everyone problems already. Last night they made the Bucks look old and tired. Dame still shot like Dame and others had their moments, but it was clear that without Giannis they have to get uncontested looks and everything needs to drop if they're to stay in it. The Pacers were able to get back to their fast game on Tuesday, and while Haliburton didn't have many points he did what he does best, and that's being a point guard and quarterbacking the game.
Carlisle is a great coach. He knows how to balance the X's and O's with old-fashioned motivation. He's the perfect coach to shepherd the group of guys he has. Our seats are right behind the Pacers' bench, and it's easy to see (and hear!) how he gets everyone's attention and respect.
If there's one lament that I had with the Celtics is that they didn't get Carlisle when he got fired from Dallas. Though the Bird 'upstairs' connection may had something to do with it. Carlisle was one of his closest team mates and close friend in Boston and and the writing was on the wall years ago when Bird fired Isaiah Thomas as head coach and replaced his with Carlisle. Glad the Pacers have discovered their bearings again. I like this guy Mathurin but he's gone for the season.

Reactions: Steve Williams

Im still calling the Pacers to win this series as that truly would jumpstart the Pacers into the thick of things and give them what they need for next year......playoff experience

Plus need I again express my feelings about Doc? Even if the Bucks win this series, they won't be going deep into the EC finals as they would have to face the Knicks and the Celtics, two power house teams

Without question this first round is as exciting any playoff series I can remember in years. So many good teams. My most interesting series is the Peels vs OKC as they will be around for years to come as they are both so long and talented. I really hope Zion is well enough to play as he is a big factor and the ending to the first game IMO boiled down to lack of experience and knowing when to call a time out as that cost the Pels the game.

I have to admit that the Lakers played a stellar 24 minute game the other night and I really think that part of the game plan was to let LeBron and AD do their thing to tire them out as the smothered the other 3 players on the court. Lakers are a typical 3rd period collapse team and to watch them blow a 20 point lead was amazing but on the part of the Nuggets who IMO will win the WC . They are healthy and poised to defend their title and the only roadblock(s) I see is the Celtics or the Knicks

Watching Jokic bounce all over the court for a big man and to make shots from anywhere on the court is a sight to behold. No one can guard him as he makes no look shots when other teams smother hi and all one can do is shake their head in disbelief

Reactions: DLS and jadis

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing