Network Acoustics - Tempus network switch

Republicoftexas69

That is exciting news @Network Acoustics !! I am also highly interested as I know what major improvements the Muon Pro streaming system and Tempus brought to my system. Currently using a FritzBox router with an iFi iPower Elite but I know this segment in the network environment is essential as it's the "entry point of the ISP" so any further improvements are highly appreciated.
What makes you think the iFi product is inferior?

jasond

Aug 18, 2022
What makes you think the iFi product is inferior?
Well the iFi iPower Elite is a really already a very good power supply! I compared it to a few other power supplies and for the usage of the router it was the best so far (along with an Audioquest Monsoon power cord).
But I know how committed Network Acoustics is (and there products made a really considerable improvement in my already sophisticated setup) and when they come up with a dedicated power supply for routers that has all their know-how and dedicated research in it, I am sure they will release another outstanding product.

Republicoftexas69

Well the iFi iPower Elite is a really already a very good power supply! I compared it to a few other power supplies and for the usage of the router it was the best so far (along with an Audioquest Monsoon power cord).
But I know how committed Network Acoustics is (and there products made a really considerable improvement in my already sophisticated setup) and when they come up with a dedicated power supply for routers that has all their know-how and dedicated research in it, I am sure they will release another outstanding product.
I get it, was just curious. Personally I am a fiber guy and do not buy into the so called audiophile network switches. No noise over fiber.

Republicoftexas69

Well @Superdad / SJ who is developing switches as well as fiber media converters can tell you more about the limits of it and unfortunately a few problems/areas are not touched by it.
Not going to worry about it. I am tickled pink with my setup and not spending any more money on an inferior form of music media. I rip my CD's and stream when I am working. Vinyl is my prefered media when critical listening. I know my fiber is 100% better than my old streaming format. Also not a believer in so called audiophile switches.

Superdad

Apr 22, 2015
Also not a believer in so called audiophile switches.
Then please remind us why you hanging out and posting in threads about audiophile switches.
:rolleyes:
And based on the diagram of all the devices in your digital chain you must believe in some of the underlying factors which impact packet-data interfaces. Otherwise you have spent a LOT of money on simple blind faith...:cool:

Republicoftexas69

Then please remind us why you hanging out and posting in threads about audiophile switches.
:rolleyes:
And based on the diagram of all the devices in your digital chain you must believe in some of the underlying factors which impact packet-data interfaces. Otherwise you have spent a LOT of money on simple blind faith...:cool:
No sale here bud, free country, goodnight.

F208Frank

Mar 27, 2020
New York
Frank can you indulge in some photos of your network setup?
Congrats on a great NA pairing!
Sure thing, when back into listening room. Thanks, I love NA.

Network Acoustics

Industry Expert
Mar 25, 2022
UK
www.networkacoustics.com
Will this also be as beneficial to a satellite unit on a mesh network or just for the router itself? (obviously, I have a mesh network)

Tom

Hi Tom, apologies we somehow missed your post. To answer your question yes this power supply will work well powering mesh output unit positioned near your audio or av streaming system. :) NA

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
I second the Elite as a very good power supply for routers.

F208Frank

Mar 27, 2020
New York
Sure thing, when back into listening room. Thanks, I love NA.
The K50 is away, and being replaced by Oladra, but here is the requested picture... @keithc

Tempus switch to Muon Pro (not in photo) to PBD Player to PBD MPD8 DAC.

My favorite item in my digital chain is probably my DAC followed by the Server/Player with the Tempus/Muon Pro being the true "cherry on top".

Rob is also a very friendly patient likable guy. I asked him a lot of questions and he always answered them without judgements. I truly wish him the best.

Attachments

• 17103872192178142294937150370888.jpg
    17103872192178142294937150370888.jpg
    415.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 17103872463201618556140138926641.jpg
    17103872463201618556140138926641.jpg
    804 KB · Views: 29

Ampman

Apr 30, 2023
Sweden
The K50 is away, and being replaced by Oladra, but here is the requested picture... @keithc

Tempus switch to Muon Pro (not in photo) to PBD Player to PBD MPD8 DAC.

My favorite item in my digital chain is probably my DAC followed by the Server/Player with the Tempus/Muon Pro being the true "cherry on top".

Rob is also a very friendly patient likable guy. I asked him a lot of questions and he always answered them without judgements. I truly wish him the best.
I love Playback Designs stuff as well just about to upgrade to an
MPD-8 to go with my Aurender N20.

Very curious about the synergy of the PD MPS-X that you have Frank but when also used as a streamer with the MPD-8 if you ever tried that.

I suppose you ultimately decided that Antipodes units sound significantly better when using the MPS-X as a PLINK interface/reclocker only?

Or maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks!

Last edited:

F208Frank

Mar 27, 2020
New York
I love Playback Designs stuff as well just about to upgrade to an
MPD-8 to go with my Aurender N20.

Very curious about the synergy of the PD MPS-X that you have Frank but when also used as a streamer with the MPD-8 if you ever tried that.

I suppose you ultimately decided that Antipodes units sound significantly better when using the MPS-X as a PLINK interface/reclocker only?

Or maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks!
Yes but unsure if antipodes server + mpsx being better than than single box server/player from antipodes.

When Oladra comes will be going back and forth between Oladra by itself with the Oladra as server only and MPSX as player. For now as I am just using a desktop to use Roon Core and using the MPSX as the player fed via ethernet.

Pretty damn decent already. If the Oladra by itself fairs better than the MPSX within chain then I am taking it out.

I know more people enjoy mifi tailoring the amp side more, but for some weird reason I enjoy playing with the digital stuff side more even though it's less effective from a money spent vs value ratio.

Ampman

Apr 30, 2023
Sweden
Yes but unsure if antipodes server + mpsx being better than than single box server/player from antipodes.

When Oladra comes will be going back and forth between Oladra by itself with the Oladra as server only and MPSX as player. For now as I am just using a desktop to use Roon Core and using the MPSX as the player fed via ethernet.

Pretty damn decent already. If the Oladra by itself fairs better than the MPSX within chain then I am taking it out.
I would be very interested in your conclusions either in this or another thread or in a DM if that would be possible Frank!

Thanks

Reactions: Pokey77

F208Frank

Mar 27, 2020
New York
I would be very interested in your conclusions either in this or another thread or in a DM if that would be possible Frank!

Thanks
No problem it will take me some time though.

I was searching the net for this answer as well and it is no where to be found.

Closest was that Christian Punter article.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ampman

Ampman

Apr 30, 2023
Sweden
No problem it will take me some time though.

I was searching the net for this answer as well and it is no where to be found.

Closest was that Christian Punter article.
Yes that's the closest although it's the MPD-6 instead. There's also a very positive recent review by Hifi-Knights of the MPD-6 and MPS-X combo.
It would still be great to hear what you think when you have the time and feel for it...
Perhaps it would be more appropriate to post in the MPD-8 thread instead though so as not to disturb this thread any more.
I see you're active in that one as well and I'm following there closely as an avid fan and future owner of PD!

Reactions: F208Frank

F208Frank

Mar 27, 2020
New York
The little things in life that truly make my day and "lift" the mood. ^_^

Attachments

• 1712018505727405122651440256473.jpg
    1712018505727405122651440256473.jpg
    572.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

F208Frank

Mar 27, 2020
New York
Wow, does it really make a noticeable difference?
I have 8 of them. I got them at a great deal. I only put one thus far on the tempus for the sole sake of lifting the power cord as I hate that sag. I did not notice much of a difference but will experiment further by raising the speaker cables and etc when time comes. Been busy but the mentality I had going into it was even if it did ziltch, it satisfied my ocd of being tidy without breaking the bank.

With that said the overwhelming amount of peers who mentioned it does do something made that decision much easier to get them alongside the above written out reasons.

Lastly these are the final items being added to my system as the "cherry on top". For what it's worth the build quality is absolutely amazing. I got inspired to look into em after getting their outlet when installing a dedicated line recently.

Furutech NCF Signal Boosters are what they are called, I got them at Cable Co via Steve. He should be able to help you and if it does nothing for you, return them. I intend to keep mine regardless as I have OCD desires to keep tidy and I love their build quality.

-Frank

Last edited:
Reactions: kennyb123

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing