My Audio Research System

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
Hi Amado,

Your room looks so comfortable and relaxing. I particularly admire the texture of the wall behind your components. If I may request, can you post pictures of the walls and ceiling?

Sam

Amado

They arrive this friday to my house
they come from Germany

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Imagine that! A speaker company that allows for user modification of tweeter (and midrange) levels depending on the needs of the room. Hey Magico, are you listening?

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Imagine that! A speaker company that allows for user modification of tweeter (and midrange) levels depending on the needs of the room. Hey Magico, are you listening?

The Aida's has three type of controls. Although they are a nice thing, sometimes it is dangerous. By mistake I once set different levels on left and right speakers. As imaging was shifted in some recordings I checked all electronics, tested some tens of tubes, re-positioned the speakers and only after a weekend of work, while I was measuring the speakers using my REW based system, I found that the settings were not matched ... :)

SoundLabs have separate bass, middle and treble control.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
The Aida's has three type of controls. Although they are a nice thing, sometimes it is dangerous. By mistake I once set different levels on left and right speakers. As imaging was shifted in some recordings I checked all electronics, tested some tens of tubes, re-positioned the speakers and only after a weekend of work, while I was measuring the speakers using my REW based system, I found that the settings were not matched ... :)

SoundLabs have separate bass, middle and treble control.

One problem with having that these controls are often located near the binding posts; ergo you change cables, unrealizingly hit the control and and screw up the sound.

Amado

With my Canton is not possible because is Screw on to move to other position
:)
IMG_5294.jpg

wrong

Jun 21, 2014
Denmark
Hi Amado.
Nice system.
I have wandered trough your posts, but I havn´t been able to locate the "stuff" your backwall is wrapped in?

Best regards
wrong:cool:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing