Music Videos - - The Greats!

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Nice ones you two. I can turn off the TV and have you two play DJ for a few hours this way :D.

Greg, that is some stereo effect! Even on my little laptop, it felt like voices were jumping out at me a few feet to the right!

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
AMIR since it's cold and I just came in from the snow lets go back to the ICEMAN.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Elvis was (is? he's not dead you know.) such a pop icon it eclipsed his considerable music talents. He was a heavily influenced by R&B.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Mr. Armstrong was greatly misunderstood. He may be the greatest jazz trumpet player ever.
Just for fun I'll call you a Dizzy
Gilepsie and raise you a Charlie Parker. I think Dizzy understood a little about off axis response.

I don't know how he got the the name Dizzy. Maybe putting all that air into his horn made him light headed. Rumor has it that the speed of the music was to run the hacks off the band stand.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Ron I had never heard that before I walked into Walkers room at the RMAF 2010. He had it on vinyl. It was the best sound I had heard since visiting Steve.

I was at the Kennedy Center for Dee Bridgewater. I met Debbie Allen. mariam Makeeba was in the audience. Oppression makes great art.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Mighty big guns indeed and another classic which seems to not ever get old. How often has this been used for movies and commercials? Fewer songs work better for a romantic song or a soup commercial :D.

OK, time to bring out the big guns!

Lee

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
No points for female dancers in the background? What about equal time? Note I have intentionally avoided the Temptations and Supremes. That would easily put met over the top.

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Ron I had never heard that before I walked into Walkers room at the RMAF 2010. He had it on vinyl. It was the best sound I had heard since visiting Steve.
That doesn't surprise me in the least. It is such a powerful song. I've only heard it on digital. I would love to hear in on vinyl.

I saw Hugh and his band 2 or 3 years ago in S.F. Of course, he played all of his hits. I was front row center stage. Watching and listening to him play Stimela is something I will never forget (that and seeing Nelson Mandela at the Rose Bowl almost 30 years ago right after he was freed). And what Hugh does with his voice in that song is just incredible.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Just for fun I'll call you a Dizzy Gilepsie and raise you a Charlie Parker. I think Dizzy understood a little about off axis response.

I don't know how he got the the name Dizzy. Maybe putting all that air into his horn made him light headed. Rumor has it that the speed of the music was to run the hacks off the band stand.
The man was all set with talent and trademark cheeks full of air.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
No points for female dancers in the background? What about equal time? Note I have intentionally avoided the Temptations and Supremes. That would easily put met over the top.
Yeh, I was going to give you bonus points for that too :). Hadn't gotten that far when I gave the points to Ron :D.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Ron Right back at
ya.

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
[video=metacafe;2106845/ray_charles_betty_carter_baby_its_cold_outside/]http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2106845/ray_charles_betty_carter_baby_its_cold_outside/[/video]

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing