Munich High End 2023 Videos and Impressions in the Description

Thundersnow

VIP/Donor
Nov 2, 2021

Please note guys that these views are mine and mine alone. I have no affiliation and I’m just a music lover looking to share my thoughts with you fine ladies and gents of the community.

Thundersnow

VIP/Donor
Nov 2, 2021
More videos are up if you’re up for it. Overall, one general overarching impression is that this year’s show was better in terms of sound as compared to last year. Even the same (or similar setups) from last year sounded better this year. In addition there were some incredible systems that debuted (again) this year following the pandemic hiatus. Good stuff.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Thanks for the videos. Interesting to hear Beethoven 7th being played at a show (Rockport CH)

Last edited:

Thundersnow

VIP/Donor
Nov 2, 2021

facten

Feb 13, 2022
Tennessee
@Thundersnow - Txs for the videos. BTW, very nice personal system!

Reactions: Thundersnow

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Very much enjoyed the vids and commentary. Doesn't sound like many bad choices at the show.

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Thanks for your insights and the videos… great to get a sneak peek, much appreciated.

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
It's worth looking into external mics. They are not expensive, easy to use, and your videos will capture the sound of these rooms much better.

Very true. I attempted some iPhone videos of our main system and they sounded horrible. More mics - properly set up - will be a better (though not complete, etc) representative of the actual sound,

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
More videos are up if you’re up for it. Overall, one general overarching impression is that this year’s show was better in terms of sound as compared to last year. Even the same (or similar setups) from last year sounded better this year. In addition there were some incredible systems that debuted (again) this year following the pandemic hiatus. Good stuff.

Thank you for letting us know! Can you post the videos here?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Thank you for letting us know! Can you post the videos here?

If you go to his first post on the thread and click the link you will see all of them

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
The Ecstasy of Gold track is appropriate to show an audiophile running like Elli Wallach from room to room (grave to grave) in the Munich graveyard searching for the gold. Hint: it is not the grave where the reviewer, Clint Eastwood, told you it was.

Thundersnow

VIP/Donor
Nov 2, 2021
Doesn't sound like many bad choices at the show.
Exactly how I feel about it. I was very pleasantly surprised by the sheer number of excellent and good systems I heard this year.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing