Munich Hi End Show 2014 pictures

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
That's an interesting perspective. I note that you are a commercial member and represent Lamm, but not Vitus. The Australian Distributor represents both Lamm and Vitus and has a very different view of Vitus. I must say I do too, and was impressed enough to buy a Vitus Class A amp.

What does Lamm have to do Vitus claims of operating in Class A or something else? A possible false claim or misrepresentation by a Vitus or any other company is just that. Is Vitus actually claiming 1400 watts of pure Class A in a stereo chassis or is that what the local importer wants you to think? Certainly nothing on their site or materials or any published specs on this amp that I'm aware of, have you seen anything?

david

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
What does Lamm have to do Vitus claims of operating in Class A or something else?
I was simply noting that I know a Dealer who represents both Lamm and Vitus who knows both brands very well, and he has a much different view of VA.

A possible false claim or misrepresentation by a Vitus or any other company is just that.
Aren't we above debating "possible" false claims & misrepresentation?

Is Vitus actually claiming 1400 watts of pure Class A in a stereo chassis or is that what the local importer wants you to think?
No to both questions.

Certainly nothing on their site or materials or any published specs on this amp that I'm aware of, have you seen anything?

david
Yes, refer attachment below.

View attachment MP-S201 - Flyer-1.pdf

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
I was simply noting that I know a Dealer who represents both Lamm and Vitus who knows both brands very well, and he has a much different view of VA.

Aren't we above debating "possible" false claims & misrepresentation?

No to both questions.

Yes, refer attachment below.

View attachment 15866

I have no view of Vitus and never mentioned anything about its sonic qualities. There's nothing in that flyer beyond some marketing BS and hence my original comment and XV-1's question. I can GUARANTEE that this amp isn't pure Class A, the intelligent part probably has to do with some kind of internal DSP control, present in many Class D amps.

david

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
I have no view of Vitus and never mentioned anything about its sonic qualities. There's nothing in that flyer beyond some marketing BS and hence my original comment and XV-1's question. I can GUARANTEE that this amp isn't pure Class A, the intelligent part probably has to do with some kind of internal DSP control, present in many Class D amps.

david
I would not be so bold as to talk in absolutes about Lamm Industries products as I am not familiar with them, so I find it interesting that you have such insight about this Vitus product. Would you be so kind as to post a circuit diagram of the MP-S201 and explain in technical terms referenced to the circuit diagram why the MP-S201 does not operate in pure Class A? Or is this a limited guarantee?

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
I would not be so bold as to talk in absolutes about Lamm Industries products as I am not familiar with them, so I find it interesting that you have such insight about this Vitus product. Would you be so kind as to post a circuit diagram of the MP-S201 and explain in technical terms referenced to the circuit diagram why the MP-S201 does not operate in pure Class A? Or is this a limited guarantee?

I still don't understand why you keep bringing them up but in any case Lamm industries doesn't play around with words, look at their literature and there's no question about the topology of their amplifiers and their power rating.

Anyone with the slightest bit of understanding of pure Class A design would know what 1400 watts of pure Class A means, you don't need a circuit diagram to know that Vitus isn't that! I GUARANTEE it forever! I don't know what it is but even Vitus isn't claiming that, otherwise they wouldn't make up a fancy name like "Intelligent Class A" to mislead people with limited knowledge. As far as the DSP controller part, look at no. 5 in their flyer and add the "Intelligent" claim, its obvious.

The fact that this isn't a pure Class A design might be in dispute for you but not for others and there never was a question regarding that here. The original question of what is "Intelligent Class A" is still unanswered!

david

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
I still don't understand why you keep bringing them up but in any case Lamm industries doesn't play around with words, look at their literature and there's no question about the topology of their amplifiers and their power rating.

Anyone with the slightest bit of understanding of pure Class A design would know what 1400 watts of pure Class A means, you don't need a circuit diagram to know that Vitus isn't that! I GUARANTEE it forever! I don't know what it is but even Vitus isn't claiming that, otherwise they wouldn't make up a fancy name like "Intelligent Class A" to mislead people with limited knowledge. As far as the DSP controller part, look at no. 5 in their flyer and add the "Intelligent" claim, its obvious.

The fact that this isn't a pure Class A design might be in dispute for you but not for others and there never was a question regarding that here. The original question of what is "Intelligent Class A" is still unanswered!

david
The fact? The only fact worth any salt is the fact you can't produce a circuit diagram or technical white paper and demonstrate no special audio engineering knowledge. Moreover you keep quoting the 4 ohm power rating as the headline figure against convention, and cannot claim to be objective being a commercial Dealer who represents other brands. Let it go dude.

Last edited:

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Did anyone hear the system in this room?

View attachment 15864

Disappointing , very , but only after the Vivaldi + D'Ag Stereo + Alexia room ...just goes to show great components by themselves , but it takes a while to stir the pot . The Constellation Hercules monos however sounded great on the Raidho D-5 .

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
The fact? The only fact worth any salt is the fact you can't produce a circuit diagram or technical white paper and demonstrate no special audio engineering knowledge. Moreover you keep quoting the 4 ohm power rating as the headline figure against convention, and cannot claim to be objective being a commercial Dealer who represents other brands. Let it go dude.

I'm not the one with objectivity issues. Don't see why you're getting pissy, look at your flyer and check with the manufacturer, then come back at me.

david

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
I'm not the one with objectivity issues. Don't see why you're getting pissy, look at your flyer and check with the manufacturer, then come back at me.

david
I know all the facts, but won't be wasting my time sharing them with you. As for your accusation I lack objectivity. Well hahaha, one if us has a commercial imperative. Can you guess which one?

Dimfer

Member Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Canada
pictures I took at the recent Munich Highend Show.

Not the best quality, but I tried to make up with quantity :eek: I brought an external flash that I don't know how to use properly, so some pictures were really off, just click the next button quickly :D

been to other audio shows before, but this one is the one I enjoyed the most. I divided my stay at the show into 3 parts - first visit just to take pictures/videos and familiarize myself with the show itself, then came back to listen more and explore rooms with products I am not familiar with, then went back for my target rooms.

I try not to be very critical in listening to audio products at audio shows knowing the fact that they will not be fully optimized.. so to make it worth my time and expenses, I just enjoy them for what they are.

Here's a video of the Ultimate 3 room, I have more videos of the other tracks in this room and other rooms that I can share here if there is an interest.

Last edited:

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
What an odd track... Did they play any rock at all?

alexandre

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Here's a video of the Ultimate 3 room, I have more videos of the other tracks in this room and other rooms that I can share here if there is an interest.

Strong interest! Post away please. Thanks!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
This is merely my 2 cents worth of opinion. My top 3 rooms in no particular order ( excluding Magico Ultimate , not sitting at centre position & too crowded to listen properly )

1. Goebel high end - Goebel Époque Reference with an interesting 9 layered bending wave driver & passive radiators. The chassis made of solid aluminium weighing 180kg. The bass tower - Époque Baforce with a weight of 340kg . It's this bass tower that captivated me . Pre & power , analog domain , cabling by Goebel. Each piece of speaker retail for euro 87.5k

Hi Audioblazer...I checked out their website but would love to know more from you about this Epoque Ref setup...is it meant to be with only the 1 Baforce tower? Most all-out speaker designs go with 2 bass towers (Genesis, Marten, Infinity, Tidal, etc)> just curious to know more about these. Any more thoughts on the sound? Did you hear these again?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing