Mr. Measurement reviews the XP-30

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
Frank, I met Mick at Quintessence when I drove there from Boston to audition and then to buy a used pair of Magico Mini 2s which he kindly agreed to set up in his store. He had sold them to a client and was now willing to facilitate the sale to me. I bought them, paid the owner and then Mick boxed them up and loaded them into my pickup for the long drive back to Boston. I really enjoyed meeting him and found his dealership and his service to be first rate. At that time he only had the Pass XP-10 and XA30.5. I respect your interest in supporting a local dealer. Quintessence is a good one.
He's probably the reason I have Pass equipment now. I had been an Audio Research guy for many years but was having a lot of problems. Mick would give me Pass loaners while I was waiting on ARC repairs. This actually happened quite a few times over the past 5 years. After a while I came to realize how good Pass was and decided to eliminate tubes from my life. Happy I did!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing