Most blood pumping adrenaline rushing classical piece.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
And this was a nice piece (below) Mr. Tang; I don't know why you deleted it ...

I only realized it is gone after reading your comment Bob. My internet went bad when I was deleting a post yesterday but it was not this video I intended to delete. I must have messed up somehow.

If you don't know what Bonzo looks like. That big violinist in front left of the conductor looks just like him.

Reactions: bonzo75

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I only realized it is gone after reading your comment Bob. My internet went bad when I was deleting a post yesterday but it was not this video I intended to delete. I must have messed up somehow.

If you don't know what Bonzo looks like. That big violinist in front left of the conductor looks just like him.

Yes I do remember that comment you made accompanying the music video.
I listened to it (the music) without thinking about Ked's look-a-like (no interest in member's appearance, just the music) and I've found the piece lovely.
After I saw that it disappeared I simply went to my music YouTube library where it was and I restored it.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Very well done for starting this thread....at 57 I am seriously starting to appreciate Classical Music as much as something like Rammstein, gets the juices flowing....
So you are a rocker. Rockers do cry right? Here is a rocker material. So emotional, heart grabbing, juices flowing (?) Bonzo said great on digital format. But Tango found suck on vinyl.

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
So you are a rocker. Rockers do cry right? Here is a rocker material. So emotional, heart grabbing, juices flowing (?) Bonzo said great on digital format. But Tango found suck on vinyl.

Always thought Slava was a total rocker, the way he attacks the cello like a classical Hendrix.

Reactions: the sound of Tao

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014

Love this, Jacqueline du Pre is pure passion... Sheku Kanneh-Mason recently released his take on the Elgar and while I’ve liked some of his work his Elgar was, well, very intimate and sensitive... could almost feel the snowflakes melting as he bowed...

I had to watch this video of the great J. du Pre afterwards to get my intensity bearings working again after Sheku’s more meagre take. The passion and range of emotion that du Pre draws out of that cello... just awesome.

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Always thought Slava was a total rocker, the way he attacks the cello like a classical Hendrix.
Maybe (perhaps) a second place in the Shosty to Soviet born Mischa Maisky... but yes, it’s hard to go past Rostropovich. Am listening now to Rostropovich in the Shostakovich Cello Concerto no 1 with Eugene Ormandy. The Rostropovich reaches deep.

Here is Mischa Maisky who also takes no prisoners in scaling the Shostakovich...

Reactions: NorthStar

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018

Tchaikovsky Symphony Nr 6 "The Pathetique Symphony" a great master piece his last work before Tchaikovsky suicide played by Leningrad Philharmonic Orchestra which had the very best String Instrument section at those times never no Vienna no Berlin Philharmonie can match the String section of LPO at times of cold war under baton of perfectionist Mravinski New York Philharmonie may have better brass section but they can dream of this level of string section.This recording was made during a tour in London and speaking about perfection emotion and level that surpasses worldly transience.

zerostargeneral

Apr 14, 2018
Amadeus,

Fully agreed on the above your insights resonate strongly with my opinion of this masterpiece.

I often feel alone in my obsession with performance trumps all slant,could you be my plus one?

Kindest regards,G.

Reactions: amadeus

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Always
Cheers
Tao

Reactions: zerostargeneral

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing