Living Presence

Syntax

Feb 26, 2012
At The Dark Side
Here is a picture from the used Fluid (Point Nozzle). For each record new fluid was used (The Audiodesk uses the same fluid over and over again, it is ok for a record a day...a typical 'audiophile' Product)
The dirt you can see is coming from M-, VG++ Records or new Reissses (I don't buy them anymore)...

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
LPs are so meticulous to maintain in clean state, aren't they?

Those grooves are so small, deep, and dust particles inviting.

* Used LPs from some audio stores are incredibly filthy and dirty to the teeth!
...Compact grease dirt to the extreme!
--> You need an excavator shovel in front of your stylus before it engraves the "sillons".

Syntax

Feb 26, 2012
At The Dark Side
LPs are so meticulous to maintain in clean state, aren't they?

Well, I think, it depends
- on owner
- new or not
- 2. hand store

When I started in the 90's to go into "High End" I compared analog and digital and decided to go for analog. For me it was obvious that I should buy a RCM, a MC cart was much more expensive and these components are in a way "linked" to each other. So I got a 16.5 VPI, later a Keith Monks....
Most 2. hand records are in a good shape, some dust, some cigarette smoke in the grooves...but with such a unit you can get the best out of it.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I have spent as much time cleaning my LPs (over the kitchen sink; from hot running water & soap)
than playing them! :b

* Of course those were not brand new ones.

Syntax

Feb 26, 2012
At The Dark Side
Decisions.....Decisions

Back To Black

Graham Phantom Supreme

Graham 12" compared to Standard length

Graham Phantom & Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum

Kuzma Airline Arm & Lyra Skala

Kuzma Reference Turntable

The Dark Side :)

Syntax

Feb 26, 2012
At The Dark Side
Koetsu Coralstone Diamond Cantilever

in combination with the very best Headshell for stability and energy transfer, Arm is FR-66s

Syntax

Feb 26, 2012
At The Dark Side
... I now use it with a silver wound step up I put together recently.

Yes, that's the way to go....
When you have some time, replace the aluminum screws with brass or - better - copper :)

Syntax

Feb 26, 2012
At The Dark Side
Wavac 833 SET replaced my Lamm amps, Wavac - or Nobu Shisido - found some very interesting and unusual solutions for a superior sonic result. In a way, unique. Simply brilliant executed.

d81enkqiitwzj1dig.jpg

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Stunning! Congrats...i know only one friend who owned the 833 mk 2 (the 4-box) and loved them for years and years...he may even still own them.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Koetsu Coralstone Diamond Cantilever

in combination with the very best Headshell for stability and energy transfer, Arm is FR-66s

So how similar are blue lace and coralstone ? Does coralstone with diamond cantilever sound better than blue lace with boron ? Thnx

analog brother

Jan 20, 2014
Stunning! Congrats...i know only one friend who owned the 833 mk 2 (the 4-box) and loved them for years and years...he may even still own them.

there is a set for sale in singapore at the moment.
along with the matching pre-amp.

Syntax

Feb 26, 2012
At The Dark Side
A big Box from a small country in Europe ... I think it is Denmark

Vitus SCD-025 Mk II.5

d83bpj3iv89583x79.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing