Light Harmonic Sire

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011
This product was released with a lot of flair and big words at CES last year, but the product was not actually shown and apparently not finished.

Since then total silence.

What is the current ststus?

....and what happened to the Da Vinci Server and Streamer?

This company like Constellation Audio (Sirius, Orion) are marketing products that never will be released to hype their own brand name. They will certainly never get any business from me until these products show themselves in the marketplace.

Last edited:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Plans were announced. Very different from being released. AFAIK it is still in the development phase. The Source and Streamer are part of the Sire package/stack.

It's a small market and LH is making strides in he affordable range. Expect to see the Pulse and Wave to come out first. The GOs are already doing very well.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Plans were announced. Very different from being released. AFAIK it is still in the development phase. The Source and Streamer are part of the Sire package/stack.
It's a small market and LH is making strides in he affordable range. Expect to see the Pulse and Wave to come out first. The GOs are already doing very well.

Larry talked about development of a Baby Da Vinci DAC :
" ... My plan for baby Da Vinci is like this:
1. 16 parallel, precision time control DAC ICs works together
2. Discrete JFET analog output stage (just like Da Vinci)
3. Double the regulator capability with 25% of them will be shunt regulators (a step up from GP or Geek Soul)
4. Very similar chassis like Geek Soul (I like this new design so much)
... "

http://www.lhlabs.com/force/geeklps/1571-lps-power-supply-caps?lang=en&start=125

I guess Baby DaVinci may be launched before the flagship Sire.

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011
Ok, this certainly seems better than no Sire at all. Having said that, what Larry needs to take notice of is that by announcing the Sire at CES he created a buzz. Then by keeping totally quiet for one year it seems the product will not become reality to his customers who don't know what is going on in the corridors of his company. That will cause anoyance and thoughts of unprofessional business conduct among his customers. It would be much better if he stayed on top of how he manages his customers expectations.

If the Source and Streamer are also moved from the Da Vinci line to the Sire line, it should also be told to the press of the same reasons. If the customers don't believe in the company anymore they will spend their money elsewhere. In this case the products were anounced even one year before Sire and since then silence.

They really need to stop anouncements until their products are close to ready or they need to update the market with constant developments to keep the customers on their toes.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
They really need to stop anouncements until their products are close to ready or they need to update the market with constant developments to keep the customers on their toes.

Hi Roysen,

I totally agree with you on this point.
Although I am a backer of their Geek Out/Pulse/LPS4/Source, I think their Geek program is now over the line.
There are so many Geek Series products in various states of development!

I guess DaVinci and the future Sire won't make too much money for Light Harmonics.
Their Geek Series is the real cash-cow.

:(

Last edited:

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011
Hi Roysen,

I totally agree with you on this point.
Although I am a backer of their Geek Out/Pulse/LPS4/Source, I think their Geek program is now over the line.
There are so many Geek Series products in various state of development!

I guess DaVinci and the future Sire won't make too much money for Light Harmonics.
Their Geek Series is the real cash-cow.

:(

I agree but LH needs to have a policy on how to handle Da Vinci and Sire customers. If they don't it will lead to a bad reputation hurting their Geek sales too. It is just common sense.

....and to put it out there. Larry I am waiting for the Sire. I would be a potential buyer. That would however mean that you need to take me seriously. Right now it does not seem like one of your priorities. I was all over Constellation Audio too when they spent years marketing their Sirius and Orion products to the public before these products just silently died in their plans. I was standing in line with the money ready for those products and didn't accept that kind of business conduct. I will not in regards to Light Harmonics Sire either.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I agree but LH needs to have a policy on how to handle Da Vinci and Sire customers. If they don't it will lead to a bad reputation hurting their Geek sales too. It is just common sense.

....and to put it out there. Larry I am waiting for the Sire. I would be a potential buyer. That would however mean that you need to take me seriously. Right now it does not seem like one of your priorities. I was all over Constellation Audio too when they spent years marketing their Sirius and Orion products to the public before these products just silently died in their plans. I was standing in line with the money ready for those products and didn't accept that kind of business conduct. I will not in regards to Light Harmonics Sire either.

Not a customer, dealer or in any way associated to Light Harmonics.

Companies from other realm of life, much larger than Lh have announced products they haven't produced. Companies, of any size must analyze their market, figure out what market size, evaluate the cost to produce the items and then make a decision if it will be a go or a Stop. I don't see in what way it affects the company. I don't know what the cost of those components would have been but you being ready to purchase doesn't mean that there would have been many similar buyers... So they withdrew as long as they didn't get your money and not deliver the products, I don't see what harm was done or any amount of bad faith from them. Perhaps if you did provide them with a list of potential buyers with cash in hand , and even there ... else .. I am not sure there is anything wrong in their behavior's or Constellation's or in what way this would hurt them.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing