Center Stage 2

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Steve do you have any pictures where I can see how you have placed your Center Stage 1.5 under your Extreme? Looking at pictures of the bottom of the Extreme, practically everything is full of holes.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Ive out this photo up a few times. My CS2M 1.5's are inside the stock feet and moved forward (in the front) and backward in the rear until the footers are just under the edge of the Extreme.

IMG_9957.jpeg

Reactions: nonesup

joelavrencikCMS

Industry Expert
Jul 30, 2021
I am liking these under my EMM Labs DV2!

Oh yes. Steve is right. If you like this arrangement, the feet directly touching the bottom of the component with the dampers removed should be even better 7 to 10 days down the road. Please let us know.....

Reactions: gfroman

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
Thanks, Guys.
Will do.......

joelavrencikCMS

Industry Expert
Jul 30, 2021
Thanks for this really useful thread. I had a question- I know that there are benefits to using 4 rather than 3 footers. I actually have 8 CMS 0.8 footers and a relatively heavy power amp (23kg). Is there any benefit to using >4 CMS footers?

PS, I also have a symposium board, but one of the lower range that has an aluminium top rather than a stainless steel one. It works great with the CMS footers :)
I'm not sure if we answered you so forgive me if I am being redundant. Firstly, thank you for the last paragraph. This is very useful information. I read this to mean the feet are on the board? Can you please confirm or correct my assumption. Thanks!

Finally, using 4 is based on tests that clearly indicated an audible cost/value improvement with the 4th. You're better off opting for 4 than 3. Let's face it, those of us that use these feet are all about true high end performance and 4 gets you closer.

Muni

Sep 12, 2021
CS Footers are voiced 4 per set and are sold that way. You only place them under your component.
How about power distributors, Steve - recommended?

Steve Williams

I have several friends who use them with a Niagara power conditioner with excellent results however I wouldn't start there but rather leave the power conditioner to the end before decide to try them under it

Muni

Sep 12, 2021
thank you Steve - the rest is already taken care of - sounds good that I can expect results!

Steve Williams

thank you Steve - the rest is already taken care of - sounds good that I can expect results!
I felt the same about power supplies to my equipment. They were the last I did and I wasn’t expecting the results I got. Definitely was an uptick

Muni

Sep 12, 2021
I felt the same about power supplies to my equipment. They were the last I did and I wasn’t expecting the results I got. Definitely was an uptick
thanks, Steve these feet are wonderful!

Reactions: Steve Williams

jelt2359

Nov 17, 2020
I'm not sure if we answered you so forgive me if I am being redundant. Firstly, thank you for the last paragraph. This is very useful information. I read this to mean the feet are on the board? Can you please confirm or correct my assumption. Thanks!

Finally, using 4 is based on tests that clearly indicated an audible cost/value improvement with the 4th. You're better off opting for 4 than 3. Let's face it, those of us that use these feet are all about true high end performance and 4 gets you closer.
Hi- yes the board goes on the rack, then the feet, then the component. Your assumption is correct.

Noted on the 4, I'll stick to 4, and won't go more than that!

jelt2359

Nov 17, 2020
Hi @joelavrencikCMS have you tested the CS2 in contact with a magnesium board? I’m assuming it should be okay?

jelt2359

Nov 17, 2020

RnRmf

Apr 29, 2015
I have a component with non-removable 1.5" footers. Do you have any suggestions for me to try and use CS2M footers?
I really don't want to put them under the stock footers and raise the component 3 inches in the air.

Steve Williams

I have a component with non-removable 1.5" footers. Do you have any suggestions for me to try and use CS2M footers?
I really don't want to put them under the stock footers and raise the component 3 inches in the air.
They aren’t designed to be put under the stock footers

joelavrencikCMS

Industry Expert
Jul 30, 2021
Steve's response was correct, of course, but let me add that we make an interface about 3/16" of an inch tall which can be placed under CS2M 1.5s to elevate your stock feet off of the shelf surface. They are available for purchase with the feet and are the solution you need.

RnRmf

Apr 29, 2015
Steve's response was correct, of course, but let me add that we make an interface about 3/16" of an inch tall which can be placed under CS2M 1.5s to elevate your stock feet off of the shelf surface. They are available for purchase with the feet and are the solution you need.
Thanks for clarifying!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing