Lampi L7 cannot get usb to work?

jpetek

Feb 12, 2013
Very Interesting.

I was interested in a Lampi but now not anymore. Why?

Read this threat. We are talking about a DAC for 7000 Euro's. This a NO GO for me. Did Lukasz not check the DAC's before he send to the customer?

audioarcher

May 6, 2012
Seattle area
Very Interesting.

Read this threat. We are talking about a DAC for 7000 Euro's. This a NO GO for me. Did Lukasz not check the DAC's before he send to the customer?

Really? I suppose you never made a mistake in your life? It does not matter how much something costs or what is on the line. Mistakes will happen. It's human nature. Just take the space shuttle for an example. In fact you made a mistake in your spelling of thread.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
i have had 4 lampi,s in my office they all worked fine. i have MSB that had two issues when i rec it. things happen. the fact that people get answers as fast as they do shows me good support . for me there was none just an email response a day a day later. and the first issue will never be resolved this after i buy the product. so as i am waiting to rec my level 7 i reamin very hopeful.
al rainbow

bebop86

Apr 1, 2013
I have had issues with different type of equipment- The real point here is that Lampi stood by me and even sent a tech out on a Sunday to make sure it worked- That is the type of customer service you do not see everyday!!

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
Really? I suppose you never made a mistake in your life? It does not matter how much something costs or what is on the line. Mistakes will happen. It's human nature. Just take the space shuttle for an example. In fact you made a mistake in your spelling of thread.

I beg to differ. We should obviously hold a manufacturer of $10K Dac to a much higher standard of quality control than a made in China $300 DAC. That is not to say we should expect perfection (zero defect), but let's keep it real here.

To me, how the manufacturer handles the problem is more important than the fact that a problem occurred. I once bought a $4K (demo) Transparent cable from the manufacturer that arrived defective. They shipped a replacement (brand new / not a demo) next day air before I returned the defective cable. To me this is -1 point for quality control, and +3 points for customer service, so on balance this manufacturer goes up in my ranking, and I would happily buy from them again.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Very Interesting.

I think this was the demo unit used in Axpona. Clearly shipment damage. Stuff happens, but is easily fixed. That is the beauty of hand built stuff.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I have had issues with different type of equipment- The real point here is that Lampi stood by me and even sent a tech out on a Sunday to make sure it worked- That is the type of customer service you do not see everyday!!

To me, how the manufacturer handles the problem is more important than the fact that a problem occurred. I once bought a $4K (demo) Transparent cable from the manufacturer that arrived defective. They shipped a replacement (brand new / not a demo) next day air before I returned the defective cable. To me this is -1 point for quality control, and +3 points for customer service, so on balance this manufacturer goes up in my ranking, and I would happily buy from them again.

And this is what creates brand loyalty. I don't think I've ever purchased any highend equipment that something wasn't wrong, like loose screws, shipping damage or ?? It's not always the manufacturer's fault, but like edorr says, it's how they handle the complaint that matters!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing