Just A Proud Father Showing Off His Son's Latest Video

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I just got this bit of info from my son as to how he did the video......

1.) Batch import photos from shoot into Aperture for color correction, sharpening, light editing

2.) Export corrected photos from Aperture to Thunderbolt RAID for faster editing

3.) Import color corrected sample photo in Photoshop

4.) Record Photoshop action of custom gradient mask, apply lens blur filter, correct image saturation and levels

5.) Batch import photos from RAID and run Photoshop action script - this was the most time consuming step

6.) Import tilt shift assets into Final Cut Pro and assemble timelapse at image native resolution (I'll explain why later)

7.) Export timelapse out of Final Cut Pro as a consolidated 4K ProRes file

8.) Reimport assets into FCP for editing

9.) Assign keyframe motion for each timelapse to simulate a camera push/pull in a 1080p video sequence - The 4K video file is especially important for this step because there is so much extra data that isn't being used. I would scale down the video file to about 43% in a 1080p sequence so I could easily simulate camera movement

10.) Export final MP4 out of FCP

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Steve, I see that your son's video was featured on a Cheezeburger site. http://cheezburger.com/43192065

His video has caught fire and has been viewed almost 150,000 times and has been picked up by countless online newspapers, magazines etc. He has also put that video into syndication with the help of an agent

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing