Just A Proud Father Showing Off His Son's Latest Video

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Now that I got your attention the proud father is me and the following is a video done by my youngest son who is a film graduate.It took him over 10 months to film and another several weeks to edit.

He put it out on his YouTube channel and I thought the videophiles here would enjoy

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Nicely done Steve! I can understand why you are a proud father! BTW...what was the music?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Wow! Great Stuff! Beautiful way to show San Francisco and its bustling and diverse city life! Congratulations to your son. (And yes, the music was very cool as well...hey some of us are audiophiles after all!)

MasterChief

Jun 26, 2012
Sweden
Now that I got your attention the proud father is me and the following is a video done by my youngest son who is a film graduate.It took him over 10 months to film and another several weeks to edit.

He put it out on his YouTube channel and I thought the videophiles here would enjoy

Have never been to San Francisco. This video made ??me really want to go there!

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Very nicely done! Kudos to him.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Loved it! Full of energy...I know how it feels Steve!..good for you (and your son of course).

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Very nice, Steve. He's definitely got some talent.

Tom

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I am guessing Canon DSLR with a tilt-shift lens? Maybe the 45mm tilt-shift?

Canon 5d Mklll and a Canon 7D. Not sure of his lenses used. He lives in SF and as stated took him over 10 months to film and edit

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Kudos to your son Steve, some really nice time-lapse stuff and other FX. Nice use too of music by the XX. Track name is 'Intro'

hvbias

Jun 22, 2012
New England area
Looks great Steve, congrats to your son!

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Very well done! Amazing video. Thank you for sharing. I think your son has a very bright future. :)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I've walked many of those streets and stood at many of those vistas. The best compliment I can give is that watching this made me want to go back to the City by the Bay.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Very much enjoyed watching it. The difficult trick was matching the music, its notes and mood to the stop action video which he did very well.

I thought the side-blur effect was produced in post (editing) rather than using the lens but maybe he did use TS.

Wonder if the small zooms and pans were also done in post or he used one of those cool motorized rigs to do that while shooting.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing