JackD201 - Almost Done

Jack is from my perspective in many ways an ideal representation of what is best about what's best. He has deep experience with both music and gear and a complete willingness to share that. Great warmth, genuine values, a real sense of humour and a realistic sense of perspective. Most of all Jack has proper respect for the experiences and perspectives of others. So if Jack feels he can't stay here then that is a bad sign. +1 on the hope that he returns to WBF when he feels it is right and a good time to be here.

Jack is from my perspective in many ways an ideal representation of what is best about what's best. He has deep experience with both music and gear and a complete willingness to share that. Great warmth, genuine values, a real sense of humour and a realistic sense of perspective. Most of all Jack has proper respect for the experiences and perspectives of others. So if Jack feels he can't stay here then that is a bad sign. +1 on the hope that he returns to WBF when he feels it is right and a good time to be here.

Hello, SOT. What you just said is very well written and stated. My hat is off to you sir.

Tom

Thanks Tom, here's hoping Jack starts a new thread and goes from JackD201 - almost done onto Jack D201 - not done yet.

Graham

Jack isn't going to come back until the strategic direction and tone of this site changes... my guess. Belittling of subjective opinions by objectivist antagonists with graphs and studies get us nowhere. Its too bad because this site has lost a lot more than just Jack....

..not sure that Jack left due the tone of an entire site but rather one of it's moderators. I consider Jack a personal friend and agree that his departure left a gap but I also think that going much beyond 56 pages now in personal tributes might be just a bit overkill...of course IMHO. He's not deceased guys... :rolleyes:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 1st 50 pages were not about his departure. Six pages to get a guy like Jack back is nothing.

Jack isn't going to come back until the strategic direction and tone of this site changes... my guess. Belittling of subjective opinions by objectivist antagonists with graphs and studies get us nowhere. Its too bad because this site has lost a lot more than just Jack....
Hopefully the new Audio Science forum can encourage some "redirection".

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 1st 50 pages were not about his departure. Six pages to get a guy like Jack back is nothing.

..not saying Jack doesn't deserve the warmth I'm just saying he's no doubt read all the love so let's just leave it at that and see what he wishes to do. Don't misunderstand, I'm a big fan of Jack and would like to see him come back...I'd also like to see the member that caused the broohaha to come forward and really clear the air...to quote Forrest..."and that's all I have to say about that"

Just an information-free update :). As you may have figured from Tom's earlier response, we came within an inch of resolving the issue and getting Jack back but at the end, unfortunately it didn't come to fruition. As to allow the resolution at a future date, we won't be disclosing what the issues have been and are. Please don't speculate. You will have a better chance of predicting the theory of relativity before Einstein did than figuring this one out :).

That said, I know some of you are anxious to put blame at someone's feet. For that, the buck stops with me. Please don't blame Steve and certainly none of our dear moderators. Feel free to PM me with any thoughts you have that you think I should know.

We will close this thread soon as to not make Jack's thread something other than what it was. "Think positive thoughts" on return of Jack and soon. :)

Thank you everyone.

Dear friends,

While some philosophical differences remain irreconcilable, relationships need not be so. Whatever has transpired we will keep to ourselves but suffice it to say hatchets are buried and to be clear, not in each others chests! ;)

Moving forward, If I happen not to post as much as I did the various past conflicts are not the reason. Instead there are a couple. Having come out of retirement, I have a lot on my plate now. The second reason is, well, a mood thing. It's always easier to participate for me when the vibe is friendly. Most so when the mood is celebratory. Certainly if this shall come to pass across the entire board, motivation will grow and keep on growing. I think that is not just the case for myself but for most of us.

Thanks for love freely given guys. I love you all back!

Dear friends,

While some philosophical differences remain irreconcilable, relationships need not be so. Whatever has transpired we will keep to ourselves but suffice it to say hatchets are buried and to be clear, not in each others chests! ;)

Moving forward, If I happen not to post as much as I did the various past conflicts are not the reason. Instead there are a couple. Having come out of retirement, I have a lot on my plate now. The second reason is, well, a mood thing. It's always easier to participate for me when the vibe is friendly. Most so when the mood is celebratory. Certainly if this shall come to pass across the entire board, motivation will grow and keep on growing. I think that is not just the case for myself but for most of us.

Welcome back!!!

That is great news!

Dear friends,

He's baaaaaaaack !!

Really , genuinely happy about this ... That is what WBF should stand for ...
Welcome Back my Friend .. I am extremely pleased ... :D

Dear friends,

a very good thing, and I respect your perspective. good to see you back, Jack.

Great!:)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing