JackD201 - Almost Done

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Jack is indeed on permanent leave I am sad to say and yes it was as a result of a member here who unfortunately has done that on many other occasions with other members. It won't take much imagination to figure who that member is.

IMO the forum has lost a lot when Jack left but knowing him and how he is true to all around him his reasons for leaving cannot IMO be faulted , again I am sad to say. He was for sure on of the most knowledgeable audiophiles this board had and one of the nicest persons anyone would want to meet.

Jack is also running for congressional elections in the Philippines so if you're reading Jack, best of luck to you buddy. We all miss you

Jack will be missed, WBF lost one of its more outstanding members. Besides his great audiophile experience, he is was a very friendly and gentle member. I feel really sad for his leave, I only wish he will return sometime soon.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
Jack is indeed on permanent leave I am sad to say and yes it was as a result of a member here who unfortunately has done that on many other occasions with other members. It won't take much imagination to figure who that member is.
If this is true why is that person still a member here??

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
JackD201 really is one of the good guys. Hopefully, we can convince him to return at some point.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
JackD201 really is one of the good guys. Hopefully, we can convince him to return at some point.
That would be fantastic. I think Jack's departure is the biggest blow yet.........

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
That would be fantastic. I think Jack's departure is the biggest blow yet.........

I agree. Jack is a very dear friend of mine. Unfortunately he won't be back due to him being patronized by this other member rather than afforded an apology

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I agree. Jack is a very dear friend of mine. Unfortunately he won't be back due to him being patronized by this other member rather than afforded an apology
How sad. I only know Jack from here, but he was kind enough to give me an open invitation to stay with him, should I go and visit my brothers in Vietnam. Not only that, he was always very supportive and informative in my growing desire to attain a better system. No matter what I brought up he only focused on the positive side of things.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I am sorry to learn of this. Jack will be missed!

Holli82

Jun 6, 2010
What a shame.....

Jack is the reason I am here. This is terrible.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
If this is true why is that person still a member here??

Plus 1. If true just ban him

Jack is a gentleman and good fun.

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
Hi

As in any human endeavors there will and should have problems within a group of people. That seems to be the case. The wise thing to do is to look at the greater good and come up with a solution. Usually a tall order but a worthy one too.

On this, I would advise the WBF team to let bygones be bygones and to pull egos out of this as much as possible. WBF has grown to be more than any of us including the management/founding team anticipated. WBF was a reaction to a state of affair many of us remembered as being less than ideal (euphemism for flat out bad :) ) . It is home to many and there are people we like and some we do not like but have come to be our dear adversaries or enemies. It is home and for those who remembers this old 80's show, very similar to "Cheers" .. "A place where everybody knows your name"... Jack contribution are very pleasurable and his personality did go through his posts as being a very wise person, way beyond his years (ears? :) ??) . Many here like him and miss him.

Jack if you read this reconsider... We like you here .. You are very sorely missed ... Discuss what needs to be discussed offline, the less we, the general public know the higher the likelihood of a solution, the quicker the resolution. Those talks need to remain private.

It can be done, then, just come back home.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello, FrantzM and good evening to you. Amen to that.

Well stated.

Tom

Dimfer

Member Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Canada
Jack is the guy who invited me to join WBF. He is one of my audio gurus and he had helped me in a lot of ways. He stood up for me when somebody tried to bully me in another audio forum (this one also involved Romy D Cat :eek:).. I could say he went balls to the wall for me.

Here's his message to everybody
Hi guys thanks for all the kind, kind words. It is really appreciated. One small thing though, it was sure starting to look like a funeral! I'm alive and well LOL!

I did log on briefly as I was directed to my system page by Steve who I remain in contact with via e-mail. I also surfed around the site a bit then logged off after seeing more of the stuff that prompted me to leave in the first place.

I do love you guys but I refuse to take part in burning down a house we all helped build. Something my staying just might lead to. Do please trust in my judgement that my resignation from the moderating team and a few days later, my leaving was the best thing to do for everybody. Also trust that I had tried to exhaust all possible options, privately as Frantz had suggested belatedly, prior to my decisions. Ultimately a dead end led to my decision leave.

Johnny, that invitation still stands buddy!

Again, I'm not dead guys! So knock of the past tense stuff :D

Best,

Jack D

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States

IMO the forum has lost a lot when Jack left but knowing him and how he is true to all around him his reasons for leaving cannot IMO be faulted , again I am sad to say. He was for sure on of the most knowledgeable audiophiles this board had and one of the nicest persons anyone would want to meet.

Jack is also running for congressional elections in the Philippines so if you're reading Jack, best of luck to you buddy. We all miss you

Not sure I understand how you can have thick-enough skin to be a politician, yet not have thick enough skin to be a member on WBF?
Jack, I hope you reconsider as many of us miss your participation. Think of it this way, just look at WBF participation as good training to be a politician!!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing