Is Joe(Audire) fine?

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
He seems to be very nice gentleman trying high end amp and Dac in his modest size room.

I had enjoyed his opinion.

But I noticed that his doctor recommended him not to fly.

Thus some health problem.

I had not seen his post since September last year.

I hope nothing bad happened to him.

Last edited:

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
Joe had a J. Sikora top-line table and seemed to be loving it. If he is not traveling I imagine his system is in use more than ever. Nothing against AudioNirvana Joe but do consider coming back.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Joe had a J. Sikora top-line table and seemed to be loving it. If he is not traveling I imagine his system is in use more than ever. Nothing against AudioNirvana Joe but do consider coming back.

Joe bought a TechDAS AF1 from David Karmeli who traveled to set it up for him. They had a very productive and enjoyable couple of days together. Joe is thrilled with the new performance level of his system and learned a few things about system set up. Rumor is that he will be trying new power cords too. It is unlikely that he will return to WBF.

Scott Naylor

Mar 19, 2021
It’s too bad part of the deal was leaving WBF? It will be interesting to see what all gets stripped out of Audire's system to conform to Natural Sound ideals. Reading his description of the newest turntable there was a lot of talk about sound but very little if any about how it conveys musical intent more successfully than the big Sikora? Perhaps Petera can fill us in on what Audire thinks in that regard too

John T

Feb 15, 2022
I was wondering the same. Joe's a great guy. Happy to hear it's not anything serious. I miss his posts and passion. Super nice fellow...

Reactions: thomask

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
It’s too bad part of the deal was leaving WBF? It will be interesting to see what all gets stripped out of Audire's system to conform to Natural Sound ideals. Reading his description of the newest turntable there was a lot of talk about sound but very little if any about how it conveys musical intent more successfully than the big Sikora? Perhaps Petera can fill us in on what Audire thinks in that regard too

Rather than asking for a middleman or relying on hearsay, perhaps you could read Joe's own words for yourself. That way there is no risk of interpretation. I don't know about the Astor forum but Joe has always been from:

Reactions: PeterA

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
It’s too bad part of the deal was leaving WBF?

It is a bit strange to end a statement with a question mark. Joe left WBF before he learned of this AF1 or talked to David Karmeli about it.

It will be interesting to see what all gets stripped out of Audire's system to conform to Natural Sound ideals.

One never knows. He really did enjoy meeting David Karmeli and working with him. He wrote this about their time together: “First, my thanks to David Karmeli who flew in from Utah to install our TT. He’s an audiophile’s audiophile an expert’s expert in TTs and audio systems in general. He’s also a lot of fun to be around and to learn from. He’s genuine evidence that the best part of being an audiophile are the friends you make on the journey to audio nirvana.”

Reading his description of the newest turntable there was a lot of talk about sound but very little if any about how it conveys musical intent more successfully than the big Sikora? Perhaps Petera can fill us in on what Audire thinks in that regard too

I could but I won't. You should contact Joe privately. He is a very nice guy. Or, you can simply read his own posts about his thoughts on how these two turntables compare. Here is a link: https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=52644&page=2

Last edited:

Scott Naylor

Mar 19, 2021
Peteratima-

I don’t participate on those other forums, although I carefully read Audire's thoughts at audioaficianado re his replacement turntable (I hoped to convey that fact with the words “Reading his description of the newest turntable”). Since petera-sans-tima had offered a summary report in post #5 above, I was just curious to know what were the musical reasons Audire felt the need to change, or was it more about membership access to a group led by ddk? Not that there’s anything wrong with that, naturally.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Peteratima-

I don’t participate on those other forums, although I carefully read Audire's thoughts at audioaficianado re his replacement turntable (I hoped to convey that fact with the words “Reading his description of the newest turntable”). Since petera-sans-tima had offered a summary report in post #5 above, I was just curious to know what were the musical reasons Audire felt the need to change, or was it more about membership access to a group led by ddk? Not that there’s anything wrong with that, naturally.

I hired Jim Smith to voice my former system. There was no thought “about membership access to a group led by” Jim Smith. I simply read his book and hired him based on reports and reputation. It was the similar with David Karmeli.

You can read about Joe’s turntable search on AudioNirvana before he entertained the Air Force one. He was able to find a good one for sale and the right guy to set it up for him. He also is using the excellent SME 3012R tonearm. I think he has two, one for each of his cartridges.

We are lucky that such experts are around and willing to share their considerable experience and knowledge with the rest of us.

Joe is a very nice guy and I’m very happy for him that he has found a turntable that enables him to so enjoy his music. And it is nice that he has shared his thoughts on a couple forums.

Rexp

Aug 31, 2022
I'm guessing he left because too many members here post negative comments about analogue playback when they don't even have an analogue source, lol.

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest

Peteratima-

it is hard to understand the motive in your provocation Scott Naylor What are you trying to accomplish?

Reactions: Scott Naylor

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing